The acerola is a fruit whose flavor goes from bittersweet to acid due to its ascorbic acid content (from one to two grams per 100g). It has a unique sweet scent and it holds a great amount of properties for our health.
Some of the main properties of acerola are:
- Being a source of vitamin C
- Supporting the production of melatonin, the anti-stress hormone
- Containing antioxidant substances
- Producing a detoxifying effect
- Helping with the formation of collagen
- Having diuretic properties
- Stimulating the absorption of iron
- Hydrating and stimulating the immune system
Where can we buy Acerola?
HSN has acerola supplements available so that you will be able to benefit from its benefits for our health. You can browse the catalog, place your order and enjoy your products with the fastest shipping!
The acerola is a berry from a shrub whose scientific name is Malpighia emarginata and it belongs to the malpighiaceae family. It is usually mistaken for a cherry due to their similar appearance. However, if we look closer, we will be able to see many differences between them.