What is Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is a perennial natural plant that belongs to the Liliciae family and which has become really popular thanks to its excellent benefits for health and, specially, for the skin. This is why there are many creams, gels, and lotions that can be purchased today which include aloe vera extracts. Its Ingredients are extracted from the aloe vera plant to obtain all its properties and benefits.
Where does Aloe Vera come from?
According to some information, Aloe Vera or Aloe barbadensis, which is its scientific name, it one of the plants that has been used since ancient times which was even regarded as a sacred natural plant in many cultures and today its gaining more and more importance. There are old Sumerian clay tablets that refer both to the cultivation and usage of Aloe Vera. It was regarded as a sacred natural plant in Egypt which is mentioned in the "book of remedies" written 3.500 years ago, at a time when it was considered the plant of immortality, used by Egyptian women to preserve their beauty like Cleopatra and Nefertiti.
It was also renowned in Greece where it was given the category of medicine or gel that they tended to use to heal intestinal disorders. The Romans also used Aloe Vera as a medicine for several uses. On the 5th century B.C the Socotra Island stood out for its Aloe Vera crops which were exported to the most remote places on the Earth.
The Chinese people also thought that Aloe Vera was quite useful to treat infections, burns, ulcers, and skin inflammation. The Japanese cultivate and use Aloe Vera in different ways. They eat it, drink it, and use it in plenty of cosmetic products. It showed a highly regenerating effect in the burns produced by the atomatic bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
What are the properties of Aloe Vera?
Like almost any other cactus, Aloe Vera has more than a 99% of water. The 0.8% left has more than 160 components: Vitamins, Minerals and active ingredients which are truly beneficial for the organism. This product has twelve vitamins that stand out: A, B1, B2, B3, B12, C and E; and the tiny 0.8% left contains minerals such as: Calcium, sodium, Magnesium, Copper, Chromium, chloride, Iron, Zinc, Selenium, germanium, Phosphorus, potassium; apart from 18 Amino acids which are essential for the functioning of the organism. Aloe Vera also contains Acemannan, which allows the cells to oxigenate properly and, therefore, it improves the blood flow.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Health
Some of its main functions are:
- Preventing and protecting the skin
- Preventing and combating skin diseases like eczema, acne, seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis
- Protecting against radiation, apart from closing and healing wounds quickly and naturally
- Improving the blood flow and protecting the liver from toxins
There are other medicinal properties from its internal use
- Preventing colon and intestine cancer
- Helping to fight against constipation with its laxative power
- Fighting against any digestive problem of human beinfs
Contraindications of using Aloe Vera
- It contains aloin which is located in the external layer of the plant. It can be toxic which is why it is advised to consume aloe vera in capsules
- It has to be properly processed, otherwise it can poison
- Never use Aloe Vera products on the skin before sunbathing, since it is photosensitizing and it can worsen or cause sunburns
Where can we buy Aloe Vera?
HSNstore offers Aloe Vera products in different formats, so that you can benefit from all the positive aspects of this plant for human beings. Aloe vera in gel, capsules, oil, spray, juice, or liquid concentrate are some of the formats that we sell so that you can do your online shopping at the best price in the market.