There are many people who suffer some kind of intestinal problem on a daily basis and who must fight against constipation in silence. There is no doubt that some of the causes of this problem are a low-fiber diet and the high level of work outside the home that everyone has today, but there are also a large number of supplements and products available in the market against constipation with which to improve the intestinal transit, all of them natural laxatives.
Which are the causes of constipation problems?
It does not always happen due to taking too little fibre in the diet (although it is an important factor) since there can be several aspects that together trigger its onset. One of the less known factors is increasing the amount of water we drink to stay hydrated.
We are going to talk about the main reasons why constipation problems happen:
- An inappropriate diet. In many cases the problem lies in a diet rich in fat (which inhibits gastric movements) or that does not provide enough fiber (which harms transit), such as fruit.
- Hydration is important as well. Not drinking enough water can mean that our digestive system is not as lubricated as it should be, which makes the stool harder which involves even a greater effort when defecating. Drink water regularly even if you are not thirsty.
- Sedentarism. The intestine must contract in order for the stool to advance to the rectum. The abdomen has to make an effort as well during the evacuation. Doing exercise helps both to mobilize the muscles in this area and improve intestinal transit and to avoid obesity, which is also related to this problem.
- Timetable mismatches. When we inhibit the desire to go to the bathroom (because we are away from home, at work...) the anus contracts. If you postpone that moment often, the anus can get used to contracting instead of relaxing at the stimulation to defecate. In addition, delaying the evacuation makes it easier for the stool to harden, which makes its excretion difficult later.
Tips to avoid constipation
- Wake up early enough for a calm breakfast of healthy fiber-rich foods (fruits) and try to go to the bathroom always at the same time and without rushing.
- Increase the amount of water you drink outside your meals. It is advisable to drink at least one and a half liters of water each day, which is crucial for our health. Recipes with cooked water can also help our body more
- Increase the consumption of products rich in vitamin C (citrus fruits and some fruits for breakfast) and fiber (fresh fruit with skin, vegetables, nuts, whole grains or legumes). When you eat fruit do not remove the skin because this is where the largest amount of fiber is concentrated.
- Establish a fixed schedule of 5 or 6 meals: with proteins, fats and carbs, three main meals and several in-between, eat slowly, do not let more than 4-5 hours pass between your meals.
- Try to reduce the stress, because it triggers the same physiological response as caffeine. It is advisable to practice relaxation techniques or yoga.
- Practice moderate exercise, at least 20 minutes of walking daily
- Add laxatives or supplements to your diet to help you overcome constipation.
There are a lot of people who have to use complementary products against constipation in their diet which will help to solve the problem due to their natural ingredients and properties that are not ingested in food.
Where can you buy products against Constipation?
There are several natural laxatives that are available at parapharmacies, as well as products that help more with the digestion. From HSN we suggest two of them: one is Psyllium Husk powder, a product of the husk of psyllium or plantago ovata. It is a source of soluble fibers (hemicellulose) such as the beta-glucan from oats, but clearly more effective, chia and flax seeds, konjac or even pectin.
These soluble HSNraw fibers, form a viscous gel which increases the stool and changes its consistency thanks to their important hydrophilic powers. The daily intake of products like psyllium regulates the intestinal functions, increasing the volume of stool and its concentration of water so that it obtains a consistency that facilitates its evacuation. This gentle and natural laxative facilitates the rehabilitation of the bowel function and can be consumed by everyone, including those who have delicate intestines, irritable bowel syndrome or in the case of pregnant women, just taking five grams a day with a large glass of water.
The second recommended supplement to improve an intestinal problem such as constipation is Turmeric Extract, a natural remedy to relieve the symptoms of an indigestion (dyspepsia) such as the feeling of fullness, flatulence or slow digestion. Turmeric has always been associated with an improved digestion, since it contains fiber, specially from fat, and it is a natural remedy for health that is effective for heavier digestions, because it helps to digest an abundant meal or which is very rich in fats.
HSNessentials presents the natural turmeric extract in vegetable capsules, you can carry it anywhere and it is suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets. It is advisable to take one capsule a day, which helps to improve the constipation. Products that, as always, you will find at the best price in our online store.