Diarrhoea is always caused by gastrointestinal problems in the body, product of a bad digestion of foods or due to the food we eat, most of it unhealthy or in excess. There are many homemade remedies against diarrhea, mostly when we already suffer its symptoms, which is why the best thing is to prevent them with food supplements that will help us have a good digestion.
The symptoms of a bad digestion or an indigestion, such as a stomach acidity, frequent belching or diarrhoea itself, can happen after eating some foods, particularly when we follow a diet that is rich in proteins (meat) and foods with a high percentage of fat, since they spend more time in the stomach to be digested.
Apart from this, drinking too much liquid when we eat can also cause an indigestion, since it increases the volume of the stomach, slowing down the digestion.
What are the symptoms of a bad digestion and how to fix them
- Acidity and heartburn
- Frequent belching
- Bloated belly
- Feeling of a full stomach after eating, even when we eat just a little
- Diarrhoea or constipation
Beyond the intestinal discomfort and its possible consequences that will last for days, like diarrhoea, let's not forget that a bad digestion means that less nutrients are absorbed in the intestine, which increases the risk of suffering anemia or a lack of vitamins.
Treatment against diarrhoea and how to follow it
- Consume foods rich in pectin, such as applesauce, bananas, rice and yogurt. Pectin, a water-soluble fiber, helps to reduce the diarrhoea which improves our health.
- Eat foods rich in potassium, such as fruit juices, sport drinks, peeled potatoes and bananas. We tend to lose potassium during a diarrhoea.
- You have to eat foods rich in sodium, like soups, sport drinks, crackers and pretzels. Salt helps to retain water and avoid becoming dehydrated.
- Eat enough protein products from the diet. Try cooked lean red meat, pork, turkey or chicken; or you can eat boiled eggs or tofu. Cooked rice is also good to treat these symptoms and it has been traditionally used for this. This can also help you avoid the fatigue.
- Eat cooked vegetables, not raw, otherwise the symptoms can get worse.
- Increase the intake of water progressively throughout the day, staying hydrated is extremely important.
How to take homemade remedies against diarrhoea
If we suffer from diarrhoea due to a bad digestion and we have not taken any remedy previously that is included in the food supplementation to restore your digestive system, HSN suggest a series of homemade remedies that can stop the diarrhoea and restore your intestinal flora. If you do not improve, you should consult your doctor or a specialist who will give you more information.
- Camomile tea. Camomile tea with guava leaves is an excellent natural choice and you can drink it several times a day. Both elements have antispasmodic properties that reduce the contractions of the intestine, helping to retain the stool for a longer time.
- Apple syrup. Apples stimulate and improve the functioning of the intestine, relieve the diarrhoea and protects our health against infections.
- Ginger. It is used if the diahrrea is caused by a food intoxication. It helps to reduce the cramps and abdominal pain. It can be taken in different formats on a daily basis, for example as ginger tea.
How to avoid diarrhea
Previously, we talked about how important it is to take care of the intestinal transit on a daily basis to fight against diarrhoea. To do this, we can use different nutritional supplements for our diet when we eat that will help us to have a normal digestion.
These supplements include a blend of digestive enzymes that will help us digest the proteins that we eat from different foods, as well as the carbohydrates and fats, which are basic elements that provide essential nutrients for our health.
The objective should be no other than reduce the toxic elements produced by the food that is not properly digested, a bad diet or heavy meals. These do not help our organism to obtain the nutrients that will support its functioning.
Where can I buy products against diarrhoea?
The HSN online store has different products available that improve the digestion of important nutrients for our body such as proteins, carbs and fats. This is achieved thanks to the supply of enzymes that support a proper digestive function.
How to take anti-diarrhoea supplements
Most of these natural supplements against diarrhoea can be taken on a daily base when we eat (tablets will be used once a day with water for the main meals). It is advisable to follow the instructions of each products. If you have any doubt, consult your doctor to get more information. These products should be included in your daily diet and they are meant to support your health.