- Increases lean mass gains
- Avoids catabolism
- Accelerates recovery
- Reduces the fat percentage
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Improves VO2 Max and performance
What is HMB 1000?
HMB 1000 by BioTech USA is a Hydroxymethylbutirate supplement, also known as HMB. This compound has great benefits to avoid the muscle catabolism that takes place due to intense sports workouts.
What are the properties of HMB 1000?
HMB is a leucine branched chain amino acid (BCAA) metabolite. In fact, a 5% of leucine transforms into HMB, which means that we would need 60g of leucine in order to produce just 3g of HMB. Due to this, HMB's most important task is being an anti-catabolic agent, which involves reducing the muscle tissue breakdown. At certain stages, muscle mass loss can be critical, for instance during a cutting phase when we drastically reduce the caloric intake, but we still carry out the workouts. A poor recovery can enhance muscle mass loss. On the other hand, athletes that increase their workout volume and load weekly, as part of an intensification block, can alter their recovery as well as the production and regeneration of fibers.
HMB is involved in the protein synthesis, since it is capable of stimulating it through the mTOR/p70S6k pathway, apart from increasing IGF-1 (insulin growth factor). Through these actions, we are encouraging a powerful scenario in order to develop muscle mass.
Who can benefit from HMB 1000?
- Mainly Sportspeople and/or Athletes, who are during a cutting phase, or in the case of performance athletes, during high volume training mesocycles
- Anyone who is currently combining physical exercise with a diet in order to reduce the body fat percentage and maintain muscle mass
- Old people who need help to preserve their muscle mass