Biotin has become a natural ingredient in many cosmetics products that are available in the market to take care of you hair, skin and nails. However, we can use supplements that are rich in biotin in order to enhance your beauty even more than cosmetics products.
We need to highlight that a biotin deficiency does not only affect our skin and hair, rather, it also affects the energy metabolism. A biotin deficiency produces fluctuations in the blood sugar levels as well as food cravings.
Table of contents
"Bios" means life. Biotin, the vitamin of life, is also known as vitamin H or B7. It belongs to the complex B vitamins and it is compatible with almost all the essential metabolic functions while being very beneficial for our body.
Without biotin, it would be impossible to obtain energy from carbohydrates and fats. In addition, it also helps to nourish the skin, hair and nervous system.
Biotin is particularly important during pregnancy and lactation, since it supports the optimal growth of the baby. That is why it is advisable to take biotin products or supplements during these periods.
Biotin is a product that ensures the formation of keratin, which is necessary for the growth and strength of the hair and nails. Moreover, it regulates the blood sugar levels while increasing the energy of our own body.
- Ensuring the formation of keratin, which is indispensable to keep the hair and nails strong
- Regulating the blood sugar levels
- Supporting the growth and lifespan of blood and dermis cells
- Providing energy for the nervous system
- Helping to obtain energy from glucose
- Relieving muscle pain
- Regulating the fat metabolism in the skin
- Fighting against depression and insomnia
- Participating in the formation of hemoglobin
- Preventing hair loss
- Avoiding seborrhoea or seborrhoeic dermatitis
- Playing an important role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Contributing to the metabolic processes
- Being part of cellular processes at a genetic level
- Working together with pantothenic acid and folic acid
- Inflammatory reactions in the skin and tongue
- High cholesterol
- Muscle soreness
- Heart disorders
- Numbness and tingling sensation in the limbs
- Nausea and loss of appetite
- Irritability and nervousness
- Excessively greasy or dry skin, as well as blemishes in the dermis
- Brittle nails
- Hair loss or fragile hair, dullness or dandruff
- Hallucinations, fatigue and depression
- Lack of coordination
- During pregnancy and lactation
- When taking antibiotic treatments for a long time
- If you suffer from persistent diarrhea
- When consuming alcohol or nicotine excessively
- If you have genetic defects that can trigger a biotin deficiency
- When following a special diet or with an unbalanced diet
- For high performance sports
- When you have acne
- In situations involving hair loss
- In cases of intravenous nutrition
Biotin is available in many foods. This vitamin is present especially in vegetables. It is contained in proteins in foods of animal origin and it is released through the digestion.
The best natural sources of biotin are:
- Whole rice
- Egg yolk
- Meat and liver
- Some nuts (walnuts, almonds...)
- Some fruits (banana, grapes, watermelon or strawberries)
- Brewer's yeast
Although eggs are one of the main sources of biotin, we highly suggest not eating raw eggs since they can hinder the absorption of biotin.
Avidin, which is the active ingredient of egg whites, cannot be combined with biotin because it inhibits its absorption in the intestine. Therefore, it is not advisable to eat raw eggs regularly since it can cause a biotin deficiency.
Tip: Make sure to consume enough biotin if you eat a lot of sweets, drink alcohol or take antibiotics. In these cases it is quite likely that your intestinal flora will not be able to produce enough biotin. From HSN, we encourage the intake of supplements or products that are rich in natural biotin on a daily basis.
You can take a biotin dietary supplement in capsules or tablets in order to prevent a biotin deficiency. A dose of 30-60 micrograms daily will be enough to avoid a deficiency of this vitamins.
The experts advise taking around 2000 to 5000 mcg of biotin daily for several months to contribute to a healthy and beautiful skin, hair and nails.
- Pregnant women and infants
- People who have a damaged intestinal flora
- Those taking certain medications, such as antibiotics, for a long period of time
- Individuals who suffer from a inherited biotin deficiency
- All those who consume too much alcohol or nicotine
- Those who want strong and healthy hair and nails
- 100mcg of Biotin per day: minimum recommended daily dose of this vitamin to stay healthy
- 5000mcg of Biotin per day: safe dose of biotin from supplements or dietary products and foods
This supplement improve our outer beauty (hair, skin and nails) and our inner balance. It can be purchased in the HSN online store in capsules, so that you can take it anywhere with you. HSNessentials offers biotin products either in capsules or tablets. They will provide 5000mcg of this vitamin with which you can increase your energy, as well as improving the health of your hair, skin and nails.
You can browse more products and place your order which will be ready for immediate dispatch.
Biotin is capable of enhancing your beauty even more than the most expensive cosmetics treatments. A biotin deficiency does not only affect the skin and hair, but also our energy. This is due to the fact that it triggers alterations in the blood sugar levels as well as food cravings.
Biotin. It provides 5000µg of biotin per vegetable capsule. GMO-free.GMO GMP KIn stock. Immediate delivery.
D-biotin tablets. It provides 300µg of vitamin H (biotin) per daily dose. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.GF LF V VG DF S EF NP AC FF NF GMOIn stock. Immediate delivery.
Multivitamin complex for the hair, nails and skin. Especially designed for women.In stock. Immediate delivery.
Biotin and Zinc contribute to normal hair and nail function.In stock. Immediate delivery.
In stock. Immediate delivery.
It provides 1000mg of Biotin per daily dose.GF LF V VGIn stock. Immediate delivery.
Provides 5000µg of Biotin per vegetable capsule.GF LF V VG DF S EF NP AC FF NF GMOTemporarily out of stock
Temporarily out of stock