What’s for lunch?… Chicken! Not again… :'(
Do not worry! HSN is here to save the day with some delicious chicken recipes!
5 Tasty Chicken Recipes
Sometimes, going on a diet can be a real torture, specially if we use the same ingredients all the time. We may even end up giving up, since the monotony tends to be quite overwhelming for most of us…
However, we can change this radically, consuming the same ingredient but in different ways, which does not necessarily mean that it will not help us move toward our goal, which is mainly achieving either a lean or shredded aspect.
Chicken is one of the foods that is mostly consumed by us. Here, I bring you some recipes to transform a tasteless and dull meal in a real “delicacy”. If we tend to think “…ouch, not again…” every time we have to cook, we will fail miserably, at least from my point of view, it is not convincing, unless we take our sport to the highest competition level. Moreover, I believe in the IIFYM philosophy.
The most simple, but not necessarily the most tasteless, even though it probably looks like it, and it is the first recipe of this article…
- Boil some water, add 1 spoonful of oil, some laurel leaves, and add some basil, powdered garlic, and a pinch of salt.
- When it starts to boil, add the chicken (breast), which has been previously cut into pieces.
- Set the timer, and after 12 minutes you can pick a piece and see if it is cooked on the inside.
This is the simplest recipe. You can even cook some rice in the same water.
This choice would be a cold dish, as a salad: Escarole, chives, boiled egg, black olives, ½ granny apple, tomato cut into squares, some walnuts, raisins, croutons, and the chicken…
If you want, you can add a little bit of Caesar Sauce without calories by Waldem Farms, and you will get a delicious meal!
Now these recipes are getting more colorful and interesting…
- With the help of a chopper or a food processor (it is quite advisable to have these tools available in our kitchen, in the same way that we have screwdrivers or hammers in order to fix stuff at home…), chop the amount of chicken that suits your needs (what amount of proteins do you need each day, because now you will be getting some of it in a portion).
- Add the meat to a bowl, along with a very chopped ¼ of a chive, and parsley (use the chopper). To complete the composition, add a whole egg.
- Mix with a fork, and with the hands if necessary (make sure that they are clean) in order to get a homogeneous mixture.
- Make a ball of meat and put it on a dish, the press it with another dish so that it becomes a burger
- Finally, cook the hamburger as much as you like with a little bit of oil.
When it comes to eating it, you can make a hamburger and change the type of bread: white, special for burgers, multi-cereal, ciabatta… If we follow the IIFYM philosophy, you can add a little bit of roasted onion and pepper, a few slices of avocado, and some cherry tomatoes cut in a half.
An excellent dish full of fundamental nutrients!
For those who love flavor…
- The previous night, put the following things in a tupper: the chicken (breast) previously chopped, 1 lemon juice, 2-3 sliced garlics, and some parsley and salt.
- Mix everything together and put it in the fridge.
- The next day, you just simply have to cook everything in a pan and be amazed by this exquisite dish.
To match this dish, I would bake some potatoes with some virgin olive oil on top.
Let’s go for a Mexican touch!
- In a pan with a little bit of oil, fry the red and green pepper and the onion, everything has to be well chopped. Once the onion is cooked, we will keep going.
- Cut the chicken into pieces, add some salt and pepper (I usually like to add some powdered cumin) and then add it to the rest of the ingredients. If you do not want to use the special seasoning that comes with the fajitas (due to its high percentage of sodium) you can give them a touch of flavor with some chopped cayenne, and a pinch of tabasco. When the chicken gets golden make sure that it is cooked on the inside.
Prepare the fajitas by heating them on the microwave for 30 seconds. For the stuffing I tend to advise: guacamole, tomato cut in squares, a little bit of your favorite grated cheese (here, you have to adjust the macros according to the nutritional table 🙂 ).
Another easy and juicy recipe…
- Spread some oil on the oven tray.
- Add the ingredients: red and green pepper, sliced mushrooms, onion cut in julienne strips, thinly cut celery, baby carrot, and, over this base, the chopped chicken.
- Add salt and pepper and with the help of an oil vaporizer we spray all the components. Add a glass of white wine.
- At this point, the oven should have been turned on for 10 minutes around 200º. Reduce the temperature to 180º to put the tray, and set a 30 minutes cooking program. Each oven will have different features, here I am explaining how I do it, you will have to try this at home and find what works for you
Here you have several ways to cook this food, from the simplest to some that are a little bit more complex, but which will surely make you break with the routine of the diet…