The gluten-free pumpkin and leek soup is delicious at any time of the year
Gluten-free Pumpkin and Leek Soup Recipe
Soups are one of the best recipes for those who suffer celiac disease or the symptoms of gluten sensitivity.
- Preparation time: 12 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Dish
- Number of servings: 1
- Cooking style: American
- 300g of pumpkin
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- Pepper and fresh herbs to season
- Pumpkin seeds and pumpkin seed oil to decorate
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||2.4g|
|of which sugars:||24.2g|
- Chop one onion and fry it with a little bit of olive oil at medium heat on a big pot.
- Cut the pumpkin in small pieces.
- Wash the leeks, cut them and add the pumpkin a leeks to the pot with the onion.
- Cook the vegetables for a few minutes and mix them up.
- Then, add the vegetable stock.
- Let it boil at low heat until the vegetables are soft, and add a little bit of salt and pepper.
- You can also add a pinch of turmeric.
- Blend the soup and strain it.
- If you need to, add more salt and pepper and a little bit of parsley.
- Serve the soup with a few drops of pumpkin seed oil and add some toasted pumpkin seeds too.