I have to admit it, I am addicted to chocolate. But this time, I have made a delicious chocolate mousse with a higher protein content.
You will have several options when it comes to choosing the chocolate for this recipe. It will be up to you, either if you like it more or less sweet and more or less protein. I used the Sugar-free Dark Chocolate bar by HSNfoods, which has a 72% of pure cocoa. Although you can use the Hyperprotein Dark Chocolate Tablet sweetened with stevia. But the cocoa drops to a 52%.
Would you like a Protein Chocolate Mousse?
- Preparation time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Recipient
- Number of servings: 6
- Cooking style: American
- 300g of egg whites
- 100g of sugar-free dark chocolate tablet by HSNfoods
- 150ml of vegetable drink
- 10g neutral gelatin powder or 1 leaf of gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- 50g of Ground peanuts for the topping
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||6g|
|of which sugars:||2.7g|
- Let's start by melting the chocolate in a hot bath together with the vegetable drink, syrup and cocoa.
- Stir as the cocoa melts in order to obtain a homogeneous blend. After melting it, add the gelatin powder or the hydrated gelatin leaf. Keep stirring.
- Take another bowl and whisk the egg whites until the become stiff.
- Then, add the egg whites carefully and little by little to the chocolate and gelatin.
- When everything is well combined, pour the mass in 6 recipients and add the ground peanuts on top.
- Finally, leave them on the fridge at least for a couple of hours so that they mousse will solidify.
I hope that you liked this recipe. As you can see, it is not hard a all and it is a healthy way of eating chocolate.