Once again I am here to share a recipe that is low in sugars and fats so that you can enjoy a sponge cake with less calories than a traditional one, but as delicious!
As always, following a diet and eating healthily does not mean that we have to stop treating ourselves. Any recipe can be cooked with less calories.
Oat bran and lemon sponge cake
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Portion size: 1 Piece
- Number of servings: 10
- Cooking style: American
- 2 eggs
- Sweetener to taste
- 1 grated lemon
- 6 spoonfuls of oat bran
- 1 glass of skimmed pineapple 0% yogurt
- 1 spoonful of baking powder
|Nutritional Information per serving|
|of which saturates:||0.4g|
|of which sugars:||0.7g|
- Start beating the egg whites. You will need to do this in a recipient without a single trace of fat, otherwise the egg whites will not become stiff. You can either use a manual or electric blender, it does not matter, but if you use the latter (which is probably more practical), it is advisable to beat the egg whites with a fork first for a few seconds until you achieve a spongy texture. If you do it manually, you will have to beat them in a circular motion, from the bottom to the top, and not horizontally, so that you will be able to get as much air inside them as possible. When the egg whites start to go up, add as much sweetener as you like.
- Keep on beating the egg whites a little bit more and before they become completely stiff, add the grated lemon. After adding the grated lemon, keep on going a little bit more until the blend is completely stiff.
- Take another recipient and beat the egg yolks, add the glass of yogurt and mix. Then add the 6 spoonfuls of oat bran and the spoonful of baking powder. Mix the ingredients again.
- Add the egg whites carefully and stir everything smoothly with a spatula. You should get a spongy blend.
- Pour the blend to a silicon mold and bake for 40 minutes at 180ºC.