Chocolate bars are one of the most popular sweets. However, those who want to follow a balanced diet need to bear in mind that there are certain conditions when it comes to eating this sweet. Because even those who want to lose weight do not have to stop eating chocolate completely. In these circumstances, black cocoa will be our best ally.
The recent studies about chocolate reveal the positive properties of this ingredient, but they always refer to black chocolate (also called fondant chocolate, bitter chocolate...) which is the result of a basic blend of chocolate without any other product (except vanilla or orange, or even fruits to give some flavor/smell, and soy lecithin as an emulsifier and stabilizer, in amounts that do not exceed 1%, but not milk) and that is made up of more than a 70% of the black cocoa paste. This amount is what gives it its characteristic bitterness that comes from the beans. Currently, there are black chocolate bars in the market with different proportions that reach up as much as a 99%, without adding milk.
In some cases, sugar is replaced by some sweetener (usually sucralose) to be suitable for diets. Desserts include milk or almond with chocolate, although they do not meet the characteristics that we want to highlight, or those included in our HSNfoods chocolate bar, which does not contain milk or sugar. These products taste of orange, apart from adding nuts such as almonds.
What are the properties of chocolate bars?
- Protecting our cells from the damage caused by the free radicals, due to its content in flavonoids and antioxidants.
- Black chocolate reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke thanks to its flavanols content.
- Black chocolate also lowers the blood pressure, improves the blood flow to the brain and heart, and makes blood platelets less sticky and clot-free.
- Black chocolate bars are products that contain minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, copper or manganese.
- The magnesium content of chocolate helps to combat the muscle injuries of athletes, as well as premenstrual pain.
- Source of iron, higher than beans or lentils, this is the case of all chocolates.
- Chocolate will provide vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and E to the body; as well as pantothenic acid, thiamine and riboflavin.
Some studies have proven that cocoa or pure black chocolate (never mixed with milk) has energizing properties which are highly useful for athletes. If we look at history, these properties of chocolate were already known, since the Native Americans already ate cocoa beans or chocolate as a source of energy.
The advice we give you from HSN is to always consume a chocolate bar in a controlled way, combining it with a healthy and balanced diet, apart from doing sports on a daily basis.
The main feature of the chocolate bar sold by HSN store is the lack of added sugars and milk, but it has been sweetened with natural sweeteners such as maltitol and stevia, so that the chocolate does not lose its sweet taste, while avoiding the negative effects of sugars. That is why they are perfect for diabetics or people who want to take care of themselves through a healthy diet. Chocolate adapts to foods such as desserts.
The chocolate bars offered by HSNfoods are pure chocolate products (without milk) made with with black cocoa beans of the highest quality (over 70%) that have been previously selected according to their maturation, color, size and weight.
Part of these chocolate beans are ground to obtain the black cocoa powder and the other part is squeezed to obtain Belgian cocoa butter and paste, which are part of the components of this product.
In this way we have managed to make a healthier version of chocolate which is ideal for diabetics or people who want to reduce the sugar from their daily diet in order to lose weight or to follow a balanced diet.
Who can eat Chocolate Bars?
- Those who want to follow a healthier diet by limiting the consumption of sugar and increasing the supply of proteins.
- People who are following a diet and/or cutting phase
- Suitable for diabetic people who can purchase and take our chocolate bars since they do not have added sugars.
Where can I purchase Chocolate Bars?
You can purchase chocolate bars in any shop or supermarket, but we have explained which chocolate bars are the good ones, always moderately, for a healthy diet. You have three choices at HSN without added sugars or milk, with more than 70% of pure cocoa, and even enriched with proteins (like the hyperproteic black chocolate bar with stevia). These chocolates are the perfect snack to eat between meals and/or for desserts. You can view and purchase our chocolate tablets at our online store, which are ready for immediate dispatch. Our chocolate bars can be easily transported thanks to their comfortable size.