Why should we buy collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein that we can find in the organism, which makes up around an 80% of our connective tissues, and which makes up a 30% of the proteins in mammals and a 7% of the body weight. Its function mainly consists on providing structural support to the joint of our body, which helps to maintain the structure of the joints.
Purchasing collagen is vital to maintain the elasticity and flexibility of the organs and tissues. The fiber from the collagen mixes with a wide range of substances and minerals inside the organism in order to form structures. In the case of the skin, which is the most extensive organ of our body, which is formed by a series of layers like the dermis (the layer that is found between the epidermis, which is more superficial, and the hypodermis, which is the deepest one), where the collagen (along with the elastin protein) forms a fibrous net that sustains this organ.
The synthesis of collagen starts to decline progressively from the age of 20 to 30, approximately a 1.5% per year, which means that it will have considerably decreased by the age of 45. The production decreases more than a 35% at the age of 60.
This loss of collagen in the organism is one of the main triggers of problems related to the bones and joints, like arthrosis or osteoarthritis, which tend to produce an acute pain and the inflammation of the joint. At the same time, the cartilage starts to deteriorate and it loses its function of protective support for joint impacts, which increases the damage and pain. Moreover, this deterioration of the joints leads to a progressive loss of movement.
On the other hand, when it comes to the maintenance of the skin, the signs of aging will increase, and the first wrinkles will start to appear because the skin will lose its elasticity and firmness. Oral collagen supplementation is effective when it comes to improving the characteristics of the aging of the skin.
Moreover, collagen supplementation in the long term can improve the cellulite and have a positive impact in the health of the skin.
Purchasing Collagen nutritional supplements
Collagen supplements have been gaining popularity lately thanks to the properties and benefits that we have described. At the same time, people are much more concerned about taking care of their health nowadays. That is why we can find different collagen supplements with different formulas and formats in the market.
Collagen supplements are an useful tool to get this protein without consuming the sources that contain it, which tend to be animal parts that are not pleasant for many.
After analyzing the composition and the factors that will optimize the production and absorption of collagen, we advise purchasing those supplements that have at least some of these ingredients:
- Hydrolyzed marine collagen
- Magnesium from a high bioavailable salt
- Vitamin C
- Hyaluronic acid
Other substances that can also provide more benefits are Vitamin D3, organic Silicon, or Calcium.
We can find the following formats:
Hydrolyzed collagen with Magnesium
Collagen + Organic Silicon & Magnesium
Women Special Collagen
Women Special Collagen
Where can we buy collagen?
The selling of collagen has sharply increased in the last few years due to the fact that people is more aware of how important it is to provide this protein daily to promote the health of the skin, bones, or joints.
However, when it comes to purchasing collagen online, we need to always look for the best quality and source of collagen that will be best absorbed by our organism.
If you want to buy collagen online, you can do so easily in our HSN website. We have a long catalog of products with the highest quality (collagen capsules, collagen tablets, hydrolyzed collagen…). You just have to choose the product that best suits your needs. Do not forget to check the Promotions where you will find Excellent discounts and Saving Packs.
Bibliographical references about Collagen:
1. Benito-Ruiz P, Camacho-Zambrano MM, Carrillo-Arcentales JN, Mestanza-Peralta MA, Vallejo-Flores CA, Vargas-López SV, Villacís-Tamayo RA, Zurita-Gavilanes LA. A randomized controlled trial on the efficacy and safety of a food ingredient, collagen hydrolysate, for improving joint comfort. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2009;60 Suppl 2:99-113. doi: 10.1080/09637480802498820.
2. Kruglikov IL, Scherer PE. General theory of skin reinforcement. PLoS One. 2017 Aug 10;12(8):e0182865. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0182865. eCollection 2017.
3. Asserin J, Lati E, Shioya T, Prawitt J. The effect of oral collagen peptide supplementation on skin moisture and the dermal collagen network: evidence from an ex vivo model and randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2015 Dec;14(4):291-301. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12174.
4. Schunck M, Zague V, Oesser S, Proksch E. Dietary Supplementation with Specific Collagen Peptides Has a Body Mass Index-Dependent Beneficial Effect on Cellulite Morphology. J Med Food. 2015 Dec;18(12):1340-8. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2015.0022.
Collagen is a substance that comes from proteins and which is present in most of the connective tissues of our organism. It has a structural function, both at a cutaneous level (a protective barrier) as well as in the joints. When it comes to supplements, we can find hydrolyzed or undenatured (UC-II) collagen. Its supplementation is mainly related to a decrease of joint pain, although it has been observed how some of its peptides improve the neuronal connections through the neurotrophins (BDNF).