Why Purchase Cordyceps?
We are dealing with a product that has been used in Asia for thousands of years due to its incredible healing properties. Even if there is still need for more research in order to obtain concluding results, there are more than a hundred studies which have been completed or which are currently in process.
At the beginning and for many centuries, cordyceps has been indispensable for traditional Chinese medicine, since it has been used to treat respiratory, hepatic, renal and heart problems.
Some of its main benefits for our body are:
- Producing anti-viral effects, more speficically against the virus that triggers AIDS.
- Regulating the immune system, stimulating the production of interferon (natural anti-viral agent) and cytokines.
- Improving the heart and lung function, making breathing more efficient.
- Lowering the blood cholesterol and triglycerides, specially the LDL or bad cholesterol.
- Reducing the blood pressure.
- Protecting the hepatic and renal functions.
- Slowing down the synthesis of some proteins (called quinases, which are involved in the response of chemical and physical signals of the cells).
- Having anti-depressant and anti-stress effects (adaptogen).
- Increasing the resistance to asthenia and fatigue.
- Helping to combat tinnitus (a constant and unpleasant noise).
- Stimulating the libido and improving the fertility.
- Being a good remedy against anemia.
- There are studies being conducted in order to find out its anti-metastasis condition in certain types of cancer. However, there is still no concluding evidence.
Its effectiveness in the diet of athletes has been already proven. In fact, it is the most well-known fungus since, in 1993, some Chinese athletes beated several world records in a national competition without showing any signs of fatigue. These results were partly due to their diet, which included Cordyceps sinensis as the star ingredient.
There are no serious contraindications when taking this fungus, even though some people can experience symptoms like diarrhea, nausea and mouth dryness, but they do not last for long.
It is not advisable to give this fungus to children, pregnant or lactating women, even though there are not negative effects for these people in these studies.
Where can I purchase Cordyceps?
In HSN, you can find different cordyceps fungus food supplementation products. They will strengthen your cardiovascular health and the inflammatory response of your body in order to improve your immune system.
Cordyceps are a parasitic fungi that evolve in the body of different invertebrates, especially ants, worms and spiders. They feed from these insects until they cruelly end their life.