BIO SHIITAKE SUPER FOODS - 125g
- 100% RAW
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- From ecological agriculture
What is Bio Shiitake Super Food?
Bio Shiitake Super Food by Drasanvi is a powdered product made from 100% bio shiitake.
Bio Shiitake Super Food is an organic product which means that it has the highest quality both in terms of its harvest and processing.
Main features of Shiitake
Shiitake is an edible mushroom native to eastern Asia, also known as the Shii tree mushroom since it grows on the tree with that name. Since ancient times, the Shiitake mushroom has been a valuable product due to its fiber, mineral and vitamin content.
Those same qualities are those that have made it popular in the West and the reason why it is already becoming a valuable product thanks to its vitamin D content.
Vitamin D plays a key role in the absorption of calcium and in the bone metabolism. A lack of this vitamin increases the parathyroid hormone levels, which deeply affects the bone matrix. Therefore, we should consider taking vitamin D and calcium supplements. (1)
Shiitake has another very interesting property: it provides β-D-Glucans. These are branched polysaccharides known as 'biological response modifiers' for their ability to activate the immune system. (2)
Who can benefit from this product?
- The elderly
- Vegans and vegetarians
- Those who want a vitamin D supply
1. Salamon A, Toldy E, Biró C, Mátrai Á, Balassa T, Locsei Z: “Vitamin D and calcium supplementation in elderly patients with hip fracture”. Orv Hetil. 2017 Oct;158(43):1699-1707. doi: 10.1556/650.2017.30857.
2. Miura, NN; Ohno N; Aketagawa J; Tamura H; Tanaka S; Yadomae T (enero de 1996). 'Blood clearance of (1-->3)-beta-D-glucan in MRL lpr/lpr mice'. FEMS immunology and medical microbiology (England: Blackwell Publishing) 13 (1): 51-57. ISSN 0928-8244.
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||0.23g|
|of which sugars||<0.5g|