BIO SPIRULINA ALGA SUPER FOODS - 150g
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- From ecological agriculture
What is Bio Spirulina Algae Super Foods?
Bio Alga Spirulina Super Food has a Bio certificate which ensures that its harvest and processing has been carried out according to those quality standards.
Main features of Bio Alga Spirulina Super Foods
Spirulina is a type of microalga with a series of interesting properties. Some studies have proven the following ones: (1)
These properties are reflected in the activation of cell antioxidant enzymes, the inhibition of the lipid peroxidation, the elimination of the free radicals and the stimulation of the superoxide dismutase and catalase. (1)
Spirulina could be regarded as an unconventional source of protein due to its high protein content, which is quite similar to meat or soy. Although this one is completely suitable for vegan diets. (2)
Spirulina Alga Super Foods is also rich in iron, an essential element for the formation of red blood cells in the body, which are responsible for transporting oxygen to all cells in our body. (3)
Who can benefit from Bio Spirulina Alga Super Foods?
- Vegans and vegetarians
- People who want to follow a balanced diet
- Athletes and active people
- Elderly people
1. Wu Q, Liu L, Miron A, Klímová B, Wan D ,Kuca K: “The antioxidant, immunomodulatory, and anti-inflammatory activities of Spirulina: an overview.”. Arch Toxicol. 2016 Aug;90(8):1817-40. doi: 10.1007/s00204-016-1744-5. Epub 2016 Jun 3.
2. Lupatini AL, Colla LM, Canan C, Colla E. “Potential application of microalga Spirulina platensis as a protein source.” J Sci Food Agric. 2017 Feb;97(3):724-732. doi: 10.1002/jsfa.7987. Epub 2016 Sep 12.
3. Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Arsenic, Boron, Chromium, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenium, Nickel, Silicon, Vanadium, and Zinc. Washington, DC; National Academies Press; 2001. PMID: 25057538.
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||3.42g|
|of which sugars||0.53g|