BIO WHEATGRASS SUPER FOODS - 125g
- 100% RAW Wheatgrass
- Gluten-free product
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- From ecological agriculture
What is Wheatgrass Super Food?
Wheatgrass Super Food by Drasanvi is a powdered product which only contains wheatgrass from ecological agriculture.
The essence of the product lies in the fact that it has been processed under specific ecological conditions from the cultivation to the packaging.
Main features of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass, also known 'Common Wheat', is obtained from young wheat sprouts, when the levels of Chlorophyll, minerals and vitamins are at their highest levels.
Wheatgrass is rich in fiber, proteins, vitamins and chlorophyll.
The fiber present from Wheatgrass makes up more than 40% of its composition.
Vitamin A and C are the main nutrients of wheatgrass:
- Vitamin A has the ability to produce the necessary pigments for the functioning of the retina and, consequently, it supports our sight. Some scientific studies have also pointed out the direct effects of vitamin A on the extracellular matrix tissue synthesis. (1)
- Vitamin C supports the production of collagen (2), which is essential for the metabolism of bones, cartilage, blood vessels, skin and oral health. Another of its properties is its ability to decrease the fatigue and support the immune system. (3)
Who can benefit from this product?
- Athletes and active people
- Vegans and vegetarians
- The elderly
1. Tack C , Shorthouse F., Kass L. “The Physiological Mechanisms of Effect of Vitamins and Amino Acids on Tendon and Muscle Healing: A Systematic Review”. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2017 Nov 15:1-44. doi: 10.1123/ijsnem.2017-0267.
2. Moores J. Vitamin C: a wound healing perspective. Br J Community Nurs. 2013 Dec;Suppl:S6, S8-11.
3. Holmannová D, Kolácková M, Krejsek J. [Vitamin C and its physiological role with respect to the components of the immune system]. Vnitr Lek. 2012 Oct;58(10):743-9.
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||0.2g|
|of which sugars||18.68g|