BORAGE OIL - 60 pearls
- High in Gamma-Linolenic Acid
- Source of essential fatty acids
- Easy to swallow softgel pearls
- With Vitamin E
- Gluten free
- Made in the E.U.
What is Borage Oil?
Drasanvi Borage Oil is a nutritional supplement, in softgel pearls, of Borage oil and Vitamin E.
The recommended dose for this supplement is to take 2 pearls a day.
Properties of Borage Oil?
Borage is a vegetable that stands out for its high content of minerals and vitamins. It is a typical vegetable of the Mediterranean area.
Besides being a highly consumed vegetable, it is also valued for its oil. This oil is obtained mainly from the Borago officinalis L. , which results in a first cold pressed oil.
The main characteristic of this oil is that it contains Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA), which is an essential fatty acid of the Omega 6 series.
Several studies show that Borage oil, due to its high GLA content, contributes to treating rheumatoid arthritis. (1)
It also has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties. (2)
Who is this supplement for?
- All adults who want a source rich in vegetable essential fatty acids.
1. Fan YY, Chapkin RS. Importance of dietary gamma-linolenic acid in human health and nutrition. J Nutr. 1998 Sep;128(9):1411-4.
2. DeLuca P, Rothman D, Zurier RB. Marine and botanical lipids as immunomodulatory and therapeutic agents in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 1995 Aug;21(3):759-77.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 2 softgels|
|Daily dose: 2 softgels|
|Servings per container: 30|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Borage Oil (Borago officinalis L. 20% GLA)||1000mg||++|
|Gamma linolenic acid||200mg||++|
|Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopherol)||20mg||166.67%|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|