SHARK CARTILAGE - 48 veg caps
- With Chondroitin and Glucosamine
- Vegetable capsules
- Made in the E.U.
What is Shark Cartilage?
Shark Cartilage by Drasanvi is a food supplement made from shark cartilage that provides chondroitin and glucosamine in vegetable capsules.
The recommended dose is 4 capsules throughout the day.
Properties of Shark Cartilage
Shark cartilage has lately become a very popular supplement among athletes. It is an elastic tissue that provides chondroitin and glucosamine, which are substances that are naturally present in our cartilages.
Shark cartilage is obtained from the scales of this animal, where there is a higher concentration of active ingredients.
Glucosamine is an amino-sugar that makes up part of our tendons, cartilages and ligaments. Glucosamine plays an important role in protecting the joints from post-workout joint pain. (1)
In addition, it can also be used to treat joint problems. (2)
On the other hand, chondroitin is an important glucosaminoglycan for our joint health and cartilage. It has anti-inflammatory properties and you can combine it with glucosamine to enhance its effects on joint pain and osteoarthritis. (3) (4)
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- Athletes and active people who suffer from joint wear due to regular physical exercise.
1. Kanzaki N, Otsuka Y, Izumo T, Shibata H, Nagao H, Ogawara K, Yamada H, Miyazaki S, Nakamura Y. Glucosamine-containing supplement improves locomotor functions in subjects with knee pain - a pilot study of gait analysis. Clin Interv Aging. 2016 Jun 20;11:835-41. doi: 10.2147/CIA.S103943. ECollection 2016.
2. Matheson AJ, Perry CM. Glucosamine: a review of its use in the management of osteoarthritis. Drugs Aging. 2003;20(14):1041-60.
3. Zhou F, Zhang X, Cai D, Li J, Mu Q, Zhang W, Zhu S, Jiang Y, Shen W, Zhang S, Ouyang HW. Silk Fibroin-Chondroitin Sulfate Scaffold with Immuno-inhibition Property for Articular Cartilage Repair. Acta Biomater. 2017 Sep 7. pii: S1742-7061(17)30569-X. doi: 10.1016/j.actbio.2017.09.005.
4. Singh JA, Noorbaloochi S, MacDonald R, Maxwell LJ. Chondroitin for osteoarthritis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Jan 28;1:CD005614. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD005614.pub2.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 4 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 48|
|Shark cartilage (4% chondroitin and 4% glucosamine)||2640mg|