ENGN - 30 SERV
- 3000mg of Creatine per daily dose
- 1600mg of CarnoSyn® per scoop
- 400mg of caffeine per serving
- Available in several flavors
What is ENGN?
ENGN by Evlution Nutrition is a pre-workout powder made of Creatine monohydrate, Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn®) and Anhydrous Betaine. It contains caffeine.
It is advisable to mix 1 scoop in 236ml of cold water, between 15-30 minutes before the workout.
ENGN Creatine in sports
Creatine monohydrate is a supplement that improves the muscle performance in high intensity and short duration endurance exercises, that rely on the phosphocreatine shuttle to obtain adenosine triphosphate.
Creatine plays a role in the cell energy metabolism and in the protein metabolism. Creatine monohydrate increases the skeletal muscle and the concentration of phosphocreatine, which increases the amount of fat-free mass and improves the performance in high intensity exercises.
Creatine is a compound that helps to buffer, transport, and regulate cell energy, with the potential to recharge cell adenosine triphosphate without oxygen. In addition it is a neuroprotective agent against oxidative damage.
Properties of ENGN
ENGN is mostly made of Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn®) and Anhydrous Betaine.
Beta alanine is a non-essential amino acid which is used as an ergogenic help to improve the athletic performance and the resistance to fatigue. Taking beta-alanine seems to improve the perceived exertion and the biochemical parameters related to muscle fatigue.
Betaine is a methyl derivative from glycine. Some studies suggest that the intake of betaine could help to reduce the adiposity and stimulate lean mass gains, apart from having a positive effect on the physical performance.
Moreover, ENGN has caffeine, which increases the energy, decreases the fatigue, improves the physical performance, improves the precision of the responses to reactions, and improves our ability to focus.
It also has the following vitamins:
- Thiamine: supports the energy-yielding metabolism, the functioning of the nervous system, a normal psychological function, and the functioning of the heart.
- Niacinamide: supports a normal psychological function, the energy-yielding metabolism, the functioning of the nervous system, helps to preserve the mucous membranes, and decreases the tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin B6: supports the synthesis of cysteine, the energy-yielding metabolism, the proper functioning of the nervous system, the metabolism of protein and glycogen, decreases the tiredness and fatigue and regulates the hormone activity.
- Vitamin B12: supports the energy-yielding metabolism, the functioning of the nervous system, the metabolism of homocysteine, and decreases the tiredness and fatigue.
How can we combine ENGN?
Who can benefit from ENGN?
- Sportspeople or athletes
1. Hall M, Trojian TH. Creatine supplementation. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2013 Jul-Aug;12(4):240-4. doi: 10.1249/JSR.0b013e31829cdff2.
2. Tarnopolsky MA. Potential benefits of creatine monohydrate supplementation in the elderly. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2000 Nov;3(6):497-502.
3. Turner CE, Byblow WD, Gant N. Creatine supplementation enhances corticomotor excitability and cognitive performance during oxygen deprivation. J Neurosci. 2015 Jan 28;35(4):1773-80. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3113-14.2015.
4. Hoffman J, Ratamess N, Kang J, Mangine G, Faigenbaum A, Stout J. Effect of creatine and beta-alanine supplementation on performance and endocrine responses in strength/power athletes. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2006 Aug;16(4):430-46.
5. Berti Zanella P, Donner Alves F, Guerini de Souza C. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on performance and muscle fatigue in athletes and non-athletes of different sports: a systematic review. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2017 Sep;57(9):1132-1141. doi: 10.23736/S0022-4707.16.06582-8.
6. Cholewa JM, Guimarães-Ferreira L, Zanchi NE. Effects of betaine on performance and body composition: a review of recent findings and potential mechanisms. Amino Acids. 2014 Aug;46(8):1785-93. doi: 10.1007/s00726-014-1748-5.
7. Glade MJ. 'Caffeine-Not just a stimulant.' Nutrition. 2010 Oct;26(10):932-8. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2010.08.004.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (10.3g)|
|Daily dose: 1 scoop (10.3g)|
|Servings per container: 30|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Patented HCI® Creatine||750mg||++|
|Alpha-GPC (50% Alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine)||100mg||++|
|Olive leaf extract (40% oleuropein)||5mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|