GHOST BCAA - 30 SERV
- High Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) content
- 6000mg of Ghost® BCAA 2:1:1 per serving
- With AstraGin®
- Available in several flavors
- Ideal post-workout supplements
What is Ghost BCAA?
Ghost BCAA by Ghost is a food supplement powder made from branched chain amino acids (L-leucine, L-isoleucine and L-valine).
It is advisable to mix 1 scoop in 250ml of water or other drinks during or after the workout.
Properties of Ghost BCAA
Ghost BCAA contains branched amino acids: L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine.
Leucine, isoleucine and valine make up a third of the muscle proteins. L-Leucine stimulates the muscle protein synthesis and it is closely connected to the release of gluconeogenic precursors in the muscle, such as alanine. Taking BCAA before or during the workout can prevent or buffer the protein breakdown, improve the physical performance and prevent the breakdown of muscle glycogen and the expenditure of muscle glycogen reserves.
Leucine is important for the growth of the skeletal muscle and to improve the synthesis of muscle protein. It can increase the functional capacity of the skeletal muscle and it also improves the use of the skeletal muscle.
It has been proven that taking BCAA's before and after physical exercise buffers the muscle damage and shortens the recovery in trained athletes. It also seems to increase the bioavailability of the substrate in order to improve the protein synthesis and the secondary muscle damage caused by extenuating resistance exercise.
There was a study about the effects of BCAA's on the muscle recovery from the damage caused by physical exercise in trained endurance athletes. Said study concluded that branched chain amino acids improved the recovery of isometric strength and muscle pain after a hypertrophy workout session among experienced athletes.
AstraGin® is made up of Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng. Astragalus membranaceus keeps the vascular system healthy, supports our mental and physical well-being and improves the flexibility and motility of the joints. Panax notoginseng supports the natural defences and the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
Who benefit from Ghost BCAA?
1. Mero A. Leucine supplementation and intensive training. Sports Med. 1999 Jun;27(6):347-58.
2. Martin NRW, Turner MC, Farrington R, Jugador DJ, Lewis MP. Leucine elicits myotube hypertrophy and enhances maximal contractile force in tissue engineered skeletal muscle in vitro. J Cell Physiol. 2017 Oct;232(10):2788-2797. doi: 10.1002/jcp.25960.
3. Howatson G, Hoad M, Goodall S, Tallent J, Bell PG, French DN. Exercise-induced muscle damage is reduced in resistance-trained males by branched chain amino acids: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012 Jul 12;9:20. doi: 10.1186/1550-2783-9-20. eCollection 2012.
4. Waldron M, Whelan K, Jeffries O, Burt D, Howe L, Patterson SD. The effects of acute branched-chain amino acid supplementation on recovery from a single bout of hypertrophy exercise in resistance-trained athletes. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2017 Jun;42(6):630-636. doi: 10.1139/apnm-2016-0569.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (9g)|
|Daily dose: 1 scoop (9g)|
|Servings per container: 30|
|GHOST® 2:1:1 BCAA||6000mg|
|AstraGin (Astragulus membranaceous & Panax notoginseng) Root extract||25mg|