SHAKE IT OUT! - 400g
- Blend of protein and fiber
- It provides 18g of protein and 5.5g of fiber per serving
- Milk protein, pea protein and rice protein
- With probiotic enzymes
- Specially for women
What is Shake It Out!?
Shake It Out! from the Woman Collection by Gold Nutrition is a flavored food supplement powder made from proteins and fiber.
It is perfect for an afternoon snack, you just have to mix 1 scoop (30g) in 200ml and mix it up really well.
What are the properties from the proteins of Shake It Out!?
Proteins contribute to the growth and maintenance of the muscle mass and bones.
It is one of the most consumed food supplements that increases the strength and muscle mass during endurance workouts. Whey protein is a great product to fix an acute loss of contractile function after a strength workout session. (1)
According to a study, taking whey protein after an endurance workout enhances the myofibril protein synthesis. (2)
According to yet another study, pea protein supplementation stimulates the muscle growth when compared to a placebo, specially for those who are starting to strengthen their muscles. (3)
Properties of Shake It Out!
Apart from its high protein content, Shake It Out! also provides:
- Psyllium (Plantago ovata): taking this fiber on a daily basis can help to lower the cholesterol and blood lipid levels. It also stimulates the metabolism and the excretion of waste substances from the body.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen: it consists of small peptides with a molecular weight under 5000 Da. It is produced by the enzymatically gelatinizing and hydrolyzing negative collagen from the tissues of animals rich in collagen. The studies show how taking hydrolyzed collagen helps to prevent joint pain, bone density and skin aging. (4)
- Collagen is the main component of joint cartilage, and its main source is meat. Its hydrolyzed form is properly absorbed, helping to stimulate the cells from the joint matrix to synthesize collagen. Therefore, it helps to preserve the joint structure and its proper functioning. (5)
- Bromelain: it is a protease from pineapple that has anti-inflammatory properties and which stimulates the cell apoptosis. (6)
- Papain: helps to digest proteins. Papain enzymes break down proteins and activate the digestive enzymes. They also support the defense mechanisms of the body.
Who can benefit from Shake It Out!?
- Women who want a extra supply of proteins and probiotics.
- Women who do physical exercise.
1. Davies RW, Carson BP, Jakeman PM. The Effect of Whey Protein Supplementation on the Temporal Recovery of Muscle Function Following Resistance Training: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Nutrients. 2018 Feb 16;10(2). pii: E221. doi: 10.3390/nu10020221.
2. Macnaughton LS, Wardle SL, Witard OC, McGlory C, Hamilton DL, Jeromson S, Lawrence CE, Wallis GA, Tipton KD. The response of muscle protein synthesis following whole-body resistance exercise is greater following 40 g than 20 g of ingested whey protein. Physiol Rep. 2016 Aug;4(15). pii: e12893. doi: 10.14814/phy2.12893.
3. Babault N, Païzis C, Deley G, Guérin-Deremaux L, Saniez MH, Lefranc-Millot C, Allaert FA. Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Jan 21;12(1):3. doi: 10.1186/s12970-014-0064-5. ECollection 2015.
4. Figueres Juher T, Basés Pérez E. [An overview of the beneficial effects of hydrolysed collagen intake on joint and bone health and on skin ageing]. Nutr Hosp. 2015 Jul 18;32 Suppl 1:62-6. doi: 10.3305/nh.2015.32.sup1.9482.
5. Benito-Ruiz P, Camacho-Zambrano MM, Carrillo-Arcentales JN, Mestanza-Peralta MA, Vallejo-Flores CA, Vargas-López SV, Villacís-Tamayo RA, Zurita-Gavilanes LA. A randomized controlled trial on the efficacy and safety of a food ingredient, collagen hydrolysate, for improving joint comfort. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2009;60 Suppl 2:99-113. doi: 10.1080/09637480802498820.
6. Ataide JA, de Carvalho NM, Rebelo MA, Chaud MV, Grotto D, Gerenutti M, Rai M, Mazzola PG, Jozala AF. Bacterial Nanocellulose Loaded with Bromelain: Assessment of Antimicrobial, Antioxidant and Physical-Chemical Properties. Sci Rep. 2017 Dec 21;7(1):18031. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-18271-4.
|per servingper 100g|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (30g)|
|Servings per container: 13|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|of which saturated||0.9g|
|of which sugars||0.6g|
|Bacillus Coagulans (Lactospore®)||405M||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|