ULTRA DHA - 60 softgels
- 60 softgels of Fatty Acids
- High DHA content, 500mg per daily dose
- With Vitamin E
- Produced in a Laboratory Certified by the E.U
What is Ultra DHA?
Ultra DHA by Gold Nutrition is a food supplement in softgels made from fish fatty acids with vitamin E.
Properties of Ultra DHA
Fatty acids are essential for many functions that we perform on a daily basis. Omega-3 fatty acids are made up of 3 types of acids:
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- Docosahexaenoic acid(DHA)
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
This supplement by Gold Nutrition provides a high content of the first two acids, DHA and EPA.
DHA has many benefits for the organism, such as:
- Supporting the functioning of the brain and sight.
- Helping to regulate the blood triglyceride levels.
- Helping with the infant vision development until they are 12 months old.
- The supply of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) from the mother supports the development of the fetus and infants.
In addition, combining DHA and EPA has other properties too:
- DHA and EPA help to regulate the blood pressure
- DHA and EPA help to maintain the blood triglyceride levels
- Both support the functioning of the heart
In the field of sport, there are several studies that are studying the positive effect of fatty acid supplementation on people who do exercise regularly. The result of an 8-week study about EPA and DHA showed the beneficial effects of using EPA and DHA supplementation. In the end, they concluded that it is important for sport scientists, nutritionists and sport professionals since it could help them design strategies in order to prevent a temporary loss of muscle strength, limited flexibility and DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) after the workout. (1)
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- Elderly people
- Pregnant and lactating women
1. Ochi E, Tsuchiya Y, Yanagimoto K. Effect of eicosapentaenoic acids-rich fish oil supplementation on motor nerve function after eccentric contractions. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2017 Jul 12;14:23. doi: 10.1186/s12970-017-0176-9. eCollection 2017.
2. Herrera E, Barbas C. Vitamin E: action, metabolism and perspectives. J Physiol Biochem. 2001 Mar;57(1):43-56.
3. McCusker MM, Durrani K, Payette MJ, Suchecki J. An eye on nutrition: The role of vitamins, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants in age-related macular degeneration, dry eye syndrome, and cataract. Clin Dermatol. 2016 Mar-Apr;34(2):276-85. doi: 10.1016/j.clindermatol.2015.11.009. Epub 2015 Nov 22.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 2 capsules|
|Daily dose: 4 capsules|
|Servings per container: 15|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|Fish oil (50% DHA, 10% EPA)||1000mg||++|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||500mg||++|
|Epa (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||100mg||++|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|