5-HTP 100mg - 120 veg caps
Nutritional Facts 5-HTP 100mg - 120 veg caps
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information 5-HTP 100mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container:|
|Amount per serving|
|5-HTP (5-hidroxitritófano) (Griffonia simplicifolia)||100mg|
|Ingredients: Emulsifier E460i (microcrystalline cellulose), 5-hydroxytryphophan (5-HTP) (from Griffonia seed extract), white vegetable capsule (capsule), anti-caking agent E470b (magnesium stearate), anti-caking agent E551 (silicon dioxide).|
How to take 5-HTP 100mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 capsule before bedtime on an empty stomach.
- 100mg of 5-HTP from Griffonia seed
- Vegetable capsules
- Vegetarian formula
- Each capsule provides 100mg of 5-hydroxytryptophan
Table of contents
5-HTP (5-Hydroxy-L-tryptophan) by HSN Essentials is derived from the amino acid tryptophan, that is the greatest precursor of Serotonin.
This supplement is 100% natural and obtained from the seed of Griffonia simplicifolia.
Serotonin is a substance released by our brain and is in charge of controlling important functions that have an impact on our mood, sleep cycles, memory, learning abilities, temperature regulation, sexual behaviour, cardiovascular function, muscle contraction and endocrine regulation.
The production of Serotonin decreases with age, yet its levels can also suffer a reduction at any moment of life due to certain situations, mainly of stress. Low levels of this substance can cause states of depression, anxiety and insomnia. (1)
5-HTP can help to promote and restore healthy Serotonin levels in the body, which may improve the following aspects of health:
- Positive state of mind
- Depressive symptoms
- Weight loss
- Frequent headaches
- Pre-Menstrual syndrome
All of these beneficial effects are included in the following study on 5-HTP. (2)
5-HTP may also be highly beneficial for weight control diets, as it helps to control anxiety and reduce appetite, and consequently keeping calm when facing an uncontrolled desire of eating anxiously to improve our mood. (3)
- All of those people who wish to benefit from any of the positive effects that are provided by 5-HTP supplementation
1. Lv J, Liu F. The Role of Serotonin beyond the Central Nervous System during Embryogenesis. Front Cell Neurosci. 2017 Mar 13;11:74. doi: 10.3389/fncel.2017.00074. eCollection 2017.
2. Birdsall TC. '5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor'. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aug;3(4):271-80.
3. Halford JC, Harrold JA, Lawton CL, Blundell JE. Serotonin (5-HT) drugs: effects on appetite expression and use for the treatment of obesity. Curr Drug Targets. 2005 Mar;6(2):201-13.