ASHWAGANDHA 400mg - 120 veg caps
Nutritional Facts ASHWAGANDHA 400mg - 120 veg caps
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information ASHWAGANDHA 400mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 3 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving|
|Ashwagandha (7% Withanolides)||400mg|
|Ingredients: Ashwagandha root extract [5-8:1] (from Withania somnifera's roots) [7% Withanolides], white vegetable capsule [glazing agent E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose) and colour E171 (titanium dioxide)], bulking agent [E460i (microcrystalline cellulose)], anti-caking agent [E470b (magnesium stearate) and E551 (silicon dioxide)].|
How to take ASHWAGANDHA 400mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 veg caps, 3 times a day with meals.
- New and improved formula, now with 7% Withanolides!
- In-House Production
- Known as the 'Indian Ginseng'
- Vegetarian formula
- Vegetarian capsules
- Take 3 capsules a day
What is Ashwagandha 400mg?
Ashwagandha by HSN Essentials is a nutritional supplement made from the root extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera).
It is an exotic plant native to Southeast Asia and especially used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine for its potent properties to raise and maintain optimal health.
Ashwagandha is very useful in cases of exhaustion due to strenuous exercise, seasonal changes, depression, anxiety, fatigue, poor diet, lack of energy, stress, etc. (1)
The new and improved formula includes 7% of Withanolides, active ingredient of this plant. Withanolides are an active component which are steroid mollecules whose main features are that they act as an anti-inflammatory and they reduce oxidative activity, consequently, they have an antioxidant effect (2).
What are the properties of Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is a plant with adaptogenic properties. Adaptogens help the body to adapt to the environment, and especially to deal with daily stress and possible symptoms derived from anxiety, depression, irritability or even loss of emotional control. The use of Ashwagandha may mitigate the following symptoms as well providing certain curative effects to increase the sense of well-being:
- Lack of energy
- Difficulty concentrating
Ashwagandha is a natural aid to reinforce our immune system and it has powerful antioxidant properties. (2)
Benefits of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha contains a extensive amount of natural chemicals, including Withanolides (steroid lactones), alkaloids, choline, fatty acids, amino acids, and a variety of sugars. While leaves and fruits have valuable therapeutic properties, the root of the Ashwagandha plant is the most commonly used part in herbal remedies.
Support to the adrenal function is a basic concern for lifestyles where there are high and continuous states of stress, both physical and mental, motivated by various factors (responsibilities, work, training...). In this situation, our body will generate too much cortisol, a hormone that if it is presence in excess can lead to important problems and disruptions in our organism. (3)
Another of Ashwagandha's most interesting effects is its ability to promote hormonal balance. This plant has active components that are alkaloids and withanolides, which are steroidal molecules that can help regulate testosterone levels naturally. It is also related to increasing sexual desire and libido, thus improving sexual relations, for men and women. (4)
Especially for those activities with an endurance component, acting on the brain function to prevent a lack of motivation and mental tiredness, increasing self-confidence, at the same time as reducing the sensation of body pain.
This calming effect, with an energising aspect, besides decreasing stress hormones, can have a positive effect on concentration and motivation in prolonged efforts. (5)
Who can take Ashwagandha?
- People who wish to benefit from any of the properties that are offered by this food supplement.
1. Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul;34(3):255-62. doi: 10.4103/0253-7176.106022.
2. Bhattacharya SK, Satyan KS, Ghosal S. Antioxidant activity of glycowithanolides from Withania somnifera. Indian J Exp Biol. 1997 Mar;35(3):236-9.
3. Mishra LC, Singh BB, Dagenais S. Scientific basis for the therapeutic use of Withania somnifera (ashwagandha): a review. Altern Med Rev. 2000 Aug;5(4):334-46.
4. Dongre S, Langade D, Bhattacharyya S. Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sexual Function in Women: A Pilot Study. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:284154. doi: 10.1155/2015/284154. Epub 2015 Oct 4.
5. Wankhede S, Langade D, Joshi K, Sinha SR, Bhattacharyya S. Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Nov 25;12:43. doi: 10.1186/s12970-015-0104-9. eCollection 2015.