ASTAXANTHIN 10mg - 120 veg caps
Nutritional Facts ASTAXANTHIN 10mg - 120 veg caps
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information ASTAXANTHIN 10mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving|
|Astaxanthin AstaREAL® (from Haematococcus pluvialis)||8mg|
|Ingredients: AstaReal® Astaxanthin (from Haematococcus pluvialis), vegetable capsule [coating agent E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], bulking agent [E460i (microcrystalline cellulose)], anti-caking agent [E551 (silicon dioxide)], antioxidants [E307 (DL-alpha-tocopherol) and E304i) (L-ascorbyl palmitate)].|
How to take ASTAXANTHIN 10mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule, once a day with a meal.
- AstaReal® Astaxanthin
- Vegetarian formula
- Vegetable capsules
- Consume 1 capsule a day
- Each serving provides 10mg of AstaREAL® Astaxanthin
Table of contents
Astaxanthin is a natural carotenoid that is naturally found in a microalgae, Haematococcus pluvialis. Astaxanthin is gives its redness or pinkness to salmons, shrimps and lobsters. In nature, animals depend on their consumption in order to obtain astaxanthin and other carotenoids since they cannot produce them themselves.
The most abundant astaxanthin source in nature is Haematococcus pluvialis, which keeps astaxanthin in its lipid vesicles during periods of nutrient deficiency and environmental stress. Due to the fact that Haematococcus often grows in places under an intense sunlight during their phase of inactivity, the function of astaxanthin is to protect cell nucleus from free radical effects generated by the UV radiation.
Natural astaxanthin has a unique molecular structure that makes it, literally, a hundred times stronger than any other antioxidant molecule, much more than even vitamin C. The benefits of astaxanthin for health are diverse.
Astaxanthin by HSN Essentials is a supplement that provides a dose of AstaReal® astaxanthin. AstaReal AB was the first company in the world to sell natural astaxanthin from microalgae as a nutritional supplement.
One of the main causes of the aging process in humans is the oxidative stress caused by free radicals. These have harmful effects on lipids, proteins, DNA, and it can cause serious damage to the human body. Antioxidants are molecules that work to stop the action of free radicals; in this regard, Astaxanthin is more powerful. (1)
It is also a great anti-inflammatory agent, which is why using astaxanthin can improve some inflammatory conditions like arthritis. (2)
Astaxanthin has the ability to optimize health and the brightness of the skin, and it provides protection and support to all its layers. It revitalizes photoaged skin, reducing oxidative stress and inflammation in all the layers of the skin. (3)
It can also can be a great help for athletes. Several studies show that it can help to reduce the accumulation of lactic acid and reduce fatigue, which results in an increase of muscle endurance and a better recovery. (4)
- People looking to add a greater amount of antioxidants to their diet
- People who need to counteract oxidative damage and reduce cell damage and early aging
- Sportspeople who want to increase their performance and recovery
- Anyone who wants to protect and take care of their joints
1. Dosis J, Matsugo S, Yokokawa H, Koshida Y, Okazaki S, Seidel U, Eggersdorfer M, Rimbach G, Esatbeyoglu T. Free Radical Scavenging and Cellular Antioxidant Properties of Astaxanthin. Int J Mol Sci. 2016 Jan 14;17(1). pii: E103. doi: 10.3390/ijms17010103.
2. Yuan JP, Peng J, Yin K, Wang JH. Potential health-promoting effects of astaxanthin: a high-value carotenoid mostly from microalgae. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2011 Jan;55(1):150-65. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201000414. Epub 2010 Nov 18.
3. Tominaga K, Hongo N, Karato M, Yamashita E. Cosmetic benefits of astaxanthin on humans subjects. Acta Biochim Pol. 2012;59(1):43-7. Epub 2012 Mar 17.
4. Earnest CP, Lupo M, White KM, Church TS. Effect of astaxanthin on cycling time trial performance. Int J Sports Med. 2011 Nov;32(11):882-8. doi: 10.1055/s-0031-1280779. Epub 2011 Oct 7.