GABA 500mg - 120 veg caps
Nutritional Facts GABA 500mg - 120 veg caps
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information GABA 500mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving|
|Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)||500mg|
|Ingredients: Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, white vegetable capsule, anti-caking agent [E470 (mangesium stearate) and E551 (silicon dioxide)].|
How to take GABA 500mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule a day with a meal.
- In-House Production!
- 500mg of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA)
- Free form
- Vegetarian formula
- Vegetable capsules
- Take 1 capsule a day
Table of contents
GABA 500mg by HSN Essentials, also known as Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, is an amino acid found in the brain, specifically in the cerebellum area, which performs a series of important functions. Despite being an amino acid it does not intervene in the processes of creation of new proteins or muscle tissues. In fact, it is a neurotransmitter, which means that it helps to communicate nervous impulses and signals. (1)
Sleep disorders and insomnia can have serious detrimental effects on our well-being, both mentally and physically. Depending on each person, a minimum of sleep (not less than 6 hours) will be required, and not reaching those hours may lead to a health risk.
GABA acts by improving the aspect of falling asleep through an inhibitory effect on other neurotransmitters. These chemicals produce certain signals inside our brain, which lead to neuronal activation. In this sense, when certain neurotransmitters are active, such as adrenaline, dopamine, serotonin, glutamate..., the neurons can enter a state of over-excitement. This could drive us to experience, at a mental level, symptoms that vary from anxiety to irritability, depression, insomnia, etc. For this reason it is extremely important to maintain a balance of these chemicals in the brain for a state of well-being and relaxation. (2)
On the other hand, GABA is linked to the endogenous production of human growth hormone. This is due to the fact that in high concentrations in the brain, GABA acts on the pituitary gland, which is in charge of hormonal production, including the human growth hormone. (3)
Said hormonal setting occurs around 90 minutes after achieving deep sleep, and it would therefore be very interesting to incorporate GABA just before going to bed.
It is a safe supplement. Nevertheless, the first intakes can cause a certain increase of the heart beat, and a sensation of sleepiness the day after.
Under a correct and moderate use, none of the following alterations will take place unless high doses are taken:
- Increased anxiety
- Face numbness
- Increased respiratory rate
- Hot flushes
As it was mentioned in the description, the main benefit produced by GABA is the shutdown of our central processing unit (Brain) so that we can obtain a state of calmness and relaxation, anti-stress and that supports rest. Therefore, the best option is to take GABA before going to sleep.
- Anyone who wants to take care of their nervous system and have a correct sleep cycle.
- Athletes and people with an active lifestyle who seek to promote muscle recovery and development.
1. Roberts E, Sherman MA. GABA--the quintessential neurotransmitter: electroneutrality, fidelity, specificity, and a model for the ligand binding site of GABAA receptors. Neurochem Res. 1993 Apr;18(4):365-76.
2. Amihaesei IC, Mungiu OC. Main neuroendocrine features and therapy in primary sleep troubles.Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi. 2012 Jul-Sep;116(3):862-6.
3. Potencias M. GABA supplementation and growth hormone response. Med Sport Sci. 2012;59:36-46. doi: 10.1159/000341944. Epub 2012 Oct 15.