- Contains 98% polyphenols
- With an 80% of catechins
- Rich in active ingredients
- Vegetarian formula, vegetable capsules
- Take 1 capsule a day
Table of contents Hide
Green Tea by HSN Essentials is a nutritional supplement made out of green tea extract, from the plant Camellia sinensis.
When losing fat, it is necessary to mobilize the fatty acids stored in our body, and for them to be transported to the bloodstream for their subsequent oxidation. The active ingredients in green tea will facilitate this action. Among them, EGCG is know to amplify this effect, due to its inhibitory action on an enzyme named Catechol-O-methyl transferase, which in normal conditions cancels the norepinephrine neurotransmitter. Thus if the enzyme is inhibited, the quantity of norepinephrine will increase.
This hormone, which belongs to the group of catecholamines, has a signalling function in the body, indicating to the cells that they have to release the lipid tissue stored in the deposits.
The effect is increased the moment caffeine comes into play, which is naturally present in green tea, and that nevertheless, you can obtain in higher doses through a caffeine supplement. Thus, the result of combining caffeine and EGCG will be an increase in the free fatty acids that are available for energy use.
Green tea can help the cognitive function, improving our concentration capacity and alertness. Caffeine, the world's most used stimulant, is in charge of this function. Although its content is lower than in coffee, we can benefit from it, and without the possible side effects, like for example the nervousness or anxiety. (2)
The working principle of caffeine in the brain is to inhibit the neurotransmitter Adenosine. This happens because caffeine is able to cross the blood-brain barrier and reach the cerebral blood supply. The action of adenosine is to control the cycles of sleep-wake, so that high concentrations of it will induce a state of lethargy and mental fatigue that would force us to sleep or rest.
On the other hand, caffeine also includes another series of actions that affect brain behaviour and function: improves mood, attention, reduces reaction time and increases reflexes, increases memory...
If we wish to enhance the effect of caffeine, at the same time as introducing another effect, such as the sensation of calmness, we would add the amino acid L-Theanine. This would increase the inhibitory action of the neurotransmitter GABA, which acts to treat anxiety as well as secreting dopamine, another neurotransmitter related to well-being.
- Antioxidant effect (3)
- Promotes anti-aging effect to look after your skin, especially after being exposed to the sun (4)
- Helps to reduce LDL cholesterol (5)
- May reduce allergy symptoms (6)
- Anyone who needs to increase general energy levels.
- People on weight-control or weight-loss diets.
- Anyone looking for a supplement with strong antioxidant effects.
- People who want to take care of their general health.
1. Thielecke F, Rahn G, Böhnke J, Adams F, Birkenfeld AL, Jordan J, Boschmann M. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate and postprandial fat oxidation in overweight/obese male volunteers: a pilot study. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 Jul;64(7):704-13. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2010.47. Epub 2010 Apr 7.
2. Dulloo AG, Duret C, Rohrer D, Girardier L, Mensi N, Fathi M, Chantre P, Vandermander J. Efficacy of a green tea extract rich in catechin polyphenols and caffeine in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in humans. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999 Dec;70(6):1040-5.
3. SARAH C. FORESTER and JOSHUA D. LAMBERT. Antioxidant effects of green tea. Published online 2011 May 2. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201000641
4. Rodas LE, Darby G, Massey KA, Clarke KA, rocío TP, Farrar MD, Bennett S, Watson RE, Williamson G, Nicolaou A. Oral green tea catechin metabolites are incorporated into human skin and protect against UV radiation-induced cutaneous inflammation in association with reduced production of pro-inflammatory eicosanoid 12-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid. Br J Nutr. 2013 Sep 14;110(5):891-900. doi: 10.1017/S0007114512006071. Epub 2013 Jan 28.
5. Xin-Xin Zheng, Yan-Lu Xu, Shao-Hua Li, Xu-Xia Liu, Rutai Hui, and Xiao-Hong Huang. Green tea intake lowers fasting serum total and LDL cholesterol in adults: a meta-analysis of 14 randomized controlled trials. American Society for Nutrition
6. Mari Maeda-Yamamoto, Kaori Ema, Ikuo Shibuichi. In vitro and in vivo anti-allergic effects of ‘benifuuki’ green tea containing O-methylated catechin and ginger extract enhancement. Cytotechnology, December 2007, 55:135
Nutritional Facts GREEN TEA 500mg - 120 veg caps
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information GREEN TEA 500mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container:|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) establecidos en el Reglamento (UE) 1169/2011 de 25 de octubre de 2011. †† Los NRV en esta ocasión no están establecidos.|
|Ingredients: Green tea (Camellia sinensis - leaves), Coating agent E464 (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Maltodextrin, Bulking agent E170 (Calcium carbonate), Anti-caking agents E470b (Magnesium stearate) and E551 (Silicon dioxide), Colourant E171 (titanium dioxide).|
How to take TÉ VERDE 500mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 capsule a day with a meal. Do not consume this product on an empty stomach.
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.