- Helps reduce the time needed to fall asleep
- Vegetarian formula
- Take 1 tablet a day
- Each service provides 1.8mg of melatonin
Table of contents Hide
Melatonin by HSN Essentials is a supplement made from melatonin, a hormone that is produced and synthesized completely naturally by our body in the pineal gland, located in our brain.
One of the main reasons is our rhythm of life. A clear example is: before we go to bed, normally, the last thing that we do is watch television or look at our mobile phones. These devices emit light radiation, and it is precisely light that tends to inhibit the synthesis of melatonin, which is done during the night as a reaction to the dark. (1)
Another important reason is that the body's synthesis of melatonin reduces with age. The highest levels of this hormone are found in childhood and adolescence, decreasing considerably in old age (nearly a 90% when you reach the age of 70). For this reason in the last years melatonin supplements have become so popular as a natural treatment for sleep disturbances. (2)
- To mitigate the subjective feelings of jet lag
- To reduce the time needed to fall asleep
It is known for its antioxidant effects that are associated to mitigating the symptoms of aging, this is why it is known as 'the hormone of youth.'
It helps to balance mood, fight depression and people who are feeling down. (3)
A study could prove that this hormone can decrease the frequency and severity of migraine headaches. Scientists attribute these properties to its anti-inflammatory effect. (4)
Melatonin is a safe supplement, however, certain people may present some of the following side effects:
- Daytime sleepiness
- Light headaches
Other less common melatonin side effects may include abdominal discomfort, mild anxiety, irritability, confusion, and short-term depressive feelings.
In addition, melatonin supplements may interact with various medications, including:
- Blood-thinning medications
- Immunosuppressive drugs
- Diabetes medications
- Birth control pills
It is highly recommended to consult a doctor in the case of taking any of these medications.
- People who have sleep disturbances
1. Matheson E, Hainer BL. Insomnia: Pharmacologic Therapy. Am Fam Physician. 2017 Jul 1;96(1):29-35.
2. Madaeva IM, Danusevich IN, Zhambalova RM, Kolesnikova LI. [Melatonin in therapy of sleep disorders age-related estrogen deficiency]. Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova. 2017;117(5):81-84. doi: 10.17116/jnevro20171175181-84.
3. Uyanikgil Y, Cavusoglu T, Kilic KD, Yigitturk G, Celik S, Tubbs RS, Turgut M. Useful Effects of Melatonin in Peripheral Nerve Injury and Development of the Nervous System. J Brachial Plex Peripher Nerve Inj. 2017 Feb 16;12(1):e1-e6. doi: 10.1055/s-0036-1597838. eCollection 2017 Jan.
4. Esposito E, Cuzzocrea S. Antiinflammatory activity of melatonin in central nervous system. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2010 Sep;8(3):228-42. doi: 10.2174/15701591
Nutritional Facts MELATONIN 1,8mg - 120 tabs
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information MELATONIN 1,8mg - 120 tabs|
|Serving size: 1 comprimido|
|Daily dose: 1 comprimido|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving|
|Ingredients: Bulking agent E460i (microcrystalline cellulose), maltodextrin, bulking agent E341 (calcium phosphate), anti-caking agents E470b (magnesium stearate) and E551 (silicon dioxide), melatonin.|
How to take MELATONINA 1,8mg - 120 tabs:Take 1 tablet half an hour before bedtime.
Do you need more information about this product? Ask
If you have any doubts, questions or suggestions about this product, please ask us and we will inform you with pleasure. And if the question is of general interest, we can post it here for the benefit of other users (only the question, we will not publish your data). For general questions about buying, guarantees, etc.. please use the generic contact form.