RED YEAST RICE (5% MONACOLIN K) + COENZYME Q10
- Red yeast rice enriched with coenzyme Q10
- With standardized Monacolin K content
- Natural nutrient to lower the cholesterol levels
- With coenzyme Q10 to prevent a deficiency
- Guaranteed dose of high quality active ingredient!
- Exclusive formula
- The perfect supplement for those who want to take care of themselves
- Suitable for vegans
What is the Red yeast rice (5% Monacolin K) & Coenzyme Q10?
Red yeast rice & Coenzyme Q10 by HSNessentials is a food supplement that contains an exclusive formula of these two substances that ensures a proper dose of the active ingredients to guarantee their effectiveness in the organism. Monacolin K is the active ingredient from red yeast rice. This product contains nothing less than 10mg, which is twice as much as most similar products available in the market!
What are the properties of Red yeast rice Coenzyme Q10?
Red Yeast Rice
Red yeast rice is a product that is naturally obtained from fermenting the plant Oryza sativa. Then, we just have to extract the rice grain that we use to eat. The fermentation of rice produces bioactive compounds such as Monacolin K, a natural substance that can effectively treat high cholesterol and triglyceride levels (Pubchem, 2019).
We have also included coenzyme Q10 in this product, since it is an element involved in the energy yielding metabolism and whose levels drop due to the several compounds used to lower the cholesterol.
We have come up with Red yeast rice & Coenzyme Q10 by HSNessentials. This product includes a standardized content of its pharmacologically active ingredient which is the element with the beneficial properties. In addition, it has been enriched with Coenzyme Q10 to balance the levels of said substance in the organism.
The ultimate product to naturally lower the cholesterol levels! (Li et al., 2014)
Why take this product? Monacolin K is the key!
“Strokes are one of the main concerns of public health. A high blood cholesterol level is related to a higher risk of stoke [...] and between a 34 and 50% of the Spanish population has high cholesterol levels”. (De la Sierra et al., 2015)
As we mentioned, a cholesterol excess or hypercholesterolemia is a common health problem in today's society and the solution comes from specific actions. What can we do to lower the cholesterol?
- Through hygienic-dietary measures, healthy habits and physical exercise.
- By using supplementation that will help us lower the blood cholesterol levels.
Lovastatin is a statin medication that is sold by the sanitary system in order to treat hypercholesterolemia. After fermenting red rice, we obtain a molecule that is exactly the same as Lovastatin, but known as Monacolin K. This substance has been produced in a completely natural way and its effectiveness equals that of the medication.
A natural substance that can lower the cholesterol? Yes, it is true! We tell you how.
Monacolin K is also a powerful HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor. This is one of the enzymes in charge of synthesizing cholesterol. When Monacolin works and inhibits this enzyme, it completely stops the cholesterol production in the organism, lowering our blood cholesterol.
We have used red yeast rice standardized to a 5% of Monacolin K. In other words, we ensure that you are taking enough active ingredient to benefit from all its effects on the blood lipid profile.
Using such a low amount of Monacolin K (3mg) can lower the LDL cholesterol ('bad cholesterol') in a 17% and the triglyceride levels in a 5% (Heinz et al., 2016).
HSN brings the most effective nutraceutical product to control the lipid profile! Monacolin K from red yeast rice help to regulate the blood cholesterol levels.
However, HSN brings you the impressive amount of 10mg of Monacolin K per serving! This is the most studied dose and it has a better price/benefit ratio. In fact, it can lower the total cholesterol in a 17%, the LDL cholesterol in a 21.8%, the triglycerides in a 16%. Consequently, it improves the blood glucose considerably, as well as the hemodynamic markers (systolic and diastolic blood pressure)... (Mazza et al., 2018).
To sum up, red yeast rice is a true superfood.
Due to its action mechanism, this substance also hinders the synthesis of Coenzyme Q10 in the organism. This is due to the fact that it shares the production pathway with cholesterol (Marcoff and Thomson, 2007).
The symptoms of a coenzyme Q10 deficiency tend to be mild and well-tolerated. Usually, they involve cramps and muscle weakness (Qu, 2018).
That is why we have also included 50mg of coenzyme Q10 in this red yeast rice product in order to prevent this from happening.
“Coenzyme Q10 supplementation can buffer the symptoms related to the intake of statins, which implies that Coenzyme Q10 supplementation should be a complementary treatment” (Qu et al., 2018).
Our carefully studied combination of Red yeast rice & Coenzyme Q10 is the ultimate combo that has been specially designed to prevent the muscle discomfort caused by Monacolin K.
How to take Red yeast rice Coenzyme Q10?
You just need one capsule a day, nothing else. Take it with a meal, preferably one that is rich in fat in order to improve its absorption.
How can we combine Red yeast rice & Coenzyme Q10?
Combine it with Spirulina and Omega-3 Fish oil, the best combo against cholesterol!
Who can benefit from Red yeast rice & Coenzyme Q10?
- Those who want to keep their blood cholesterol under control.
- 1. de la Sierra, A., Pintó, X., Guijarro, C., Miranda, J. L., Callejo, D., Cuervo, J., … Rubio, M. (2015). Prevalence, Treatment, and Control of Hypercholesterolemia in High Cardiovascular Risk Patients: Evidences from a Systematic Literature Review in Spain. Advances in Therapy, 32(10), 944–961.
- 2. Heinz, T., Schuchardt, J. P., Moller, K., Hadji, P., & Hahn, A. (2016). Low daily dose of 3 mg monacolin K from RYR reduces the concentration of LDL-C in a randomized, placebo-controlled intervention. Nutrition Research (New York, N.Y.), 36(10), 1162–1170.
- 3. Li, Y., Jiang, L., Jia, Z., Xin, W., Yang, S., Yang, Q., & Wang, L. (2014). A meta-analysis of red yeast rice: an effective and relatively safe alternative approach for dyslipidemia. PloS One, 9(6), e98611.
- 4. Marcoff, L., & Thompson, P. D. (2007). The Role of Coenzyme Q10 in Statin-Associated Myopathy: A Systematic Review. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 49(23), 2231–2237.
- 5. Mazza, A., Lenti, S., Schiavon, L., Di Giacomo, E., Tomasi, M., Manunta, R., … Rubello, D. (2018). Effect of Monacolin K and COQ10 supplementation in hypertensive and hypercholesterolemic subjects with metabolic syndrome. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy = Biomedecine & Pharmacotherapie, 105, 992–996.
- 6. Qu, H., Guo, M., Chai, H., Wang, W.-T., Gao, Z.-Y., & Shi, D.-Z. (2018). Effects of Coenzyme Q10 on Statin-Induced Myopathy: An Updated Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Journal of the American Heart Association, 7(19), e009835.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Red Yeast Rice||200mg|
Ingredients:Red yeast rice (5% monacolin K), vegetable capsule [glazing agent E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], bulking agent [E460i (microcrystalline cellulose)], coenzyme Q10, anti-caking agent [E470b (magnesium stereate), E551 (silicon dioxide)].
How to take RED YEAST RICE (5% MONACOLIN K) + COENZYME Q10 - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule once a day.
Warnings:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
I didn't even know this product existed until quite recently. I've always had a high cholesterol and I have been using different products to keep it under control. However, none of them has been as effective and affordable as this one.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
This is an excellent supplement to keep the cholesterol under control!HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
I've been using products to keep my cholesterol under control but I didn't know that coenzyme Q10 had anything to do with this. After reading the description I didn't hesitate and I made my first purchase. So far, the product has been doing what it's meant to.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics