Nutritional Facts BOX FLAPJACK 30 X 120g APPLE
|per 100gper serving|
|Information BOX FLAPJACK 30 X 120g APPLE|
|Serving size: 1 bar (120g)|
|Servings per container: 30|
|Amount per 100g|
|of which saturated||13.9g|
|of which sugars||26.1g|
|Ingredients: Oat flakes (46%), butter (butter, lactic ferments), sugar, inverted sugar syrup, flavourings, sultana raisins, sodium chloride, preservative E202 (potassium sorbate). Contains gluten and milk. It may contain traces of egg, peanut, soy, nuts, sesame, sulfites and/or their derivatives.|
How to take BOX FLAPJACK 30 X 120g APPLE:It can be consumed anytime, although it is specially interesting to eat them between meals, midmorning, before/after training, or as an afternoon snack.
- Palm Oil Free!
- Source of low GI carbohydrates
- High fiber and beta-glucans content
- Slow energy release supply
- Available in apple and chocolate flavor
What is FlapJack?
FlapJack by HSNfoods is bar made of oat flakes with sugar and butter.
This flapjack bar has a novel feature, which sets it apart from the ones that are available in the market, which is that it is made from butter instead of margarine. Therefore it does not contain palm oil.
Sportspeople always look for the best ingredients for their diet and the new flapjack bar will meet their needs without supplying any harmful ingredients for them.
It is made of oat flakes, a cereal that is rich in low glycemic index carbohydrates, with a high soluble and insoluble fiber content, and a series of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and beta-glucans, that are very important for athletes.
Properties of FlapJack
Flapjack bars have a 46% of oat flakes. Oats are a good source of soluble dietary fiber, specially β-glucan, which has excellent functional and nutritional properties. β-Glucan is regarded as the main active ingredient of oats due to its ability to lower cholesterol and its anti-diabetic effects. However, the nutritional benefits of oats seem to go further, since they also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. (1)
Beta-glucans are the part of soluble fiber contained in oats. It has a positive effect on satiety. The viscosity of beta-glucans makes them act as a barrier in our intestine that prolongs the digestion process, providing a solution for hunger. (2)
This appetite control and satiety allow those who consume this flapjack bar to remain longer periods of time without eating food and to restrict their consumption of calories.
Characteristics of FlapJack
- Oats provide proteins of vegetable origin
- Each bar supplies extra energy
- Palm oil free, healthier than other bars in the market
- Source of fiber and carbohydrates
- Perfect to eat at any time of the day
When to consume a FlapJack bar?
At any time of the day, although it is especially recommended to consume it mid-morning, as an afternoon snack, before training or even after the workouts, in the recovery phase.
Who can benefit from this product?
- Athletes and active people
- Anyone who wants an extra energy supply
1. Sang S, Chu Y. Whole grain oats, more than just a fiber: Role of unique phytochemicals. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2017 Jul;61(7). doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201600715. Epub 2017 Feb 22.
2. Rebello CJ, O'Neil CE, Greenway FL. Dietary fiber and satiety: the effects of oats on satiety. Nutr Rev. 2016 Feb;74(2):131-47. doi: 10.1093/nutrit/nuv063. Epub 2016 Jan 2.
Good pre-training snack
Nice intake of calories, I like to eat one before running and it provides a nice energy shot
Specially recommended if you are currently on a bulking phase in order to gain energy
I like to eat them at work to get some extra energy since they are a quick snack