Nutritional Facts BCAA 4:1:1 - 240 tabs
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information BCAA 4:1:1 - 240 tabs|
|Serving size: 1 tablet|
|Daily dose: 1 tablet|
|Servings per container: 240|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
|Ingredients: L-Leucine, Bulking agent E460(i) (Microcrystalline cellulose), L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Coating (Glazing agent E464 (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Colour E171 (Titanium dioxide), Anti-caking agent E553b (Talc), Stabiliser E463 (Hydroxypropylcellulose), Medium Chain Triglycerides (Miglyol), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12), Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6).|
- BCAA ratio 4:1:1 (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine)
- Available in two sizes: 120 or 240 tablets
- Tablet format
- 100% vegan product, obtained through a vegetable fermentation process and GMO free
- Enriched with Vitamins B6 and B12
- Manufactured in a Certified E.U. Laboratory
- Product manufactured under GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) guarantees
- ISO 22000 and HACCP certificates
What is BCAA 4:1:1?
BCAA 4:1:1 by HSN Raw is a food supplement in the form of tablets made from branched chain amino acids (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine and vitamins B6 and B12.
The essential amino acids are three: leucine, isoleucine and valine. They are important substances for the correct functioning of our organism. They are essential because our body can not produce them on its own.
Essential amino acids may be obtained through food, meat, eggs or dairy products. However, to ensure the correct daily intake of these important substances, a good method would be through supplementation.
Properties of BCAA 4:1:1
Proteins are organic substances that constitute a very important part of human bodies. They make up almost half of the body tissue.
The intake of essential amino-acids stimulates the synthesis of muscle proteins after a workout session. Therefore, the BCAAs are important for muscle mass maintenance/growth, as they have a key role in the protein synthesis in the body. (1)
Additionally, it has been proved that BCAAs supplementation is efficient in order to reduce muscle pain after exercise, which contributes to post-workout recovery. (2)
The role of Leucine in BCAA 4:1:1
The optimal ratio provided by this supplement is made up of 4 times more leucine than that supplied of the other essential amino acids, isoleucine and valine. This is because leucine has a more important role compared to the others.
Leucine has been the most studied because of its oxidation rate, which is greater than the rate of isoleucine or valine. Leucine also stimulates protein synthesis in muscle and is closely associated with the release of gluconeogenic precursors, such as alanine, from the muscle. (3)
Specifically, leucine is important in order to stimulate the increase of myofibrillar and phosphorylation states of the mTORC1 pathway, following physical exercise, which translates into an improvement of the protein synthesis in muscles. (1)
Vitamins B6 and B12 in BCAA 4:1:1
This supplement made of essential amino acids includes in its formula two group B vitamins that are indispensable to enhance the properties of the amino acids: vitamins B6 and B12.
Among the functions of vitamin B6, we highlight:
- Contributes to normal cysteine synthesis
- Supports metabolism in the production of energy
- Supports the functioning of the nervous system and immune system
- Contributes to the metabolism of homocysteine
- Helps with normal protein and glycogen metabolism
- Helps the formation of red blood cells
- Reduces tiredness and fatigue
- Regulates hormone activity
The properties and benefits of vitamin B12 are:
- Contributes to the functioning of the nervous system and immune system
- Helps energy production metabolism and the metabolism of homocysteine
- Contributes to the formation of red blood cells
- Reduces tiredness and fatigue
- Has an important role in the cell division process
Characteristic of BCAA 4:1:1
Each tablet of BCAA 4:1:1 by HSN Raw will provide the following nutrients:
- 666.6mg L-Leucine
- 166.6mg L-Isoleucine
- 166.6mg of L-Valine
- 100% of the NRV of Vitamin B12
- 100% of the NRV of Vitamin B6
This supplement offers a optimal relation between nutritional values and quality ingredients for the most demanding athlete.
How to take BCAA’s?
The recommendations for taking BCAAs are as follows:
- In the morning on an empty stomach
- Before training, about 20-30 minutes before
- During training, if you are taking powder BCAAs, so that it can be gradually
- After training, also ideal to take with your protein shake
For this supplement, the specific recommendation is to take one tablet per day.
Who is this supplement for?
- Sportspeople and active people that want to improve their goals
- People who wish to include essential amino acids in their diet and, thus, ensure their recommended daily intake
1. Jackman SR, Witard OC, Philp A, Wallis GA, Baar K, Tipton KD. Branched-Chain Amino Acid Ingestion Stimulates Muscle Myofibrillar Protein Synthesis following Resistance Exercise in Humans.Front Physiol. 2017 Jun 7;8:390. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2017.00390. ECollection 2017.
2. Uneyama H, Kobayashi H, Tonouchi N. New Functions and Potential Applications of Amino Acids. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol. 2017;159:273-287. doi: 10.1007/10_2016_35.
3. Mero A. Leucine supplementation and intensive training. Sports Med. 1999 Jun;27(6):347-58.