DMAE (DIMETHYLAMINOETHANOL) POWDER
- Food supplement made from Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate
- 255mg of DMAE per serving
- It supports the cognition and focus
- Cholinergic agent, neuromodulator 
- Produced in a Certified Laboratory from the E.U.
What is DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol)?
DMAE by HSNraw is a food supplement that only contains dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) as active ingredient. DMAE is an amine that is structurally the same as choline, except for the lack of a methyl radical in its molecule.
DMAE is a chemical substance similar to choline, this element is in charge of producing acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that supports the neural communication in the brain.
That is why DMAE has been deeply studied for its cholinergic properties. In other words, a substance that can help us increase the choline levels in the organism.
Why take DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol)?
DMAE can be used for pharmaceutical purposes along with other active ingredients for 'the symptomatic treatment of memory and attention disorders in periods of physical or mental tiredness” (AEMPS, s.f.).
Precisely, these effects of DMAE on the cognition come from its cholinergic potential, which result in a unique kind of central nervous system stimulant.
'DMAE stimulates the choline production, which allows the brain to improve the production of acetylcholine' (Kapoor, Dureja and Chadha, 2009), which is our main neurotransmitter, 'connected to the precision of the responses in reflexive and voluntary attention, as well as the response speed in reflexive attention' (NCBI, 2019). Therefore, DMAE can 'improve the learning and memory' (Malanga et al., 2012).
Do you want to learn more?
DMAE is currently being studied for its antioxidant properties, since it can inhibit oxygen reactive species (Malanga et al., 2012). These are highly reactive molecules that are produced by the aerobic metabolism.
However, the balance of the production of these molecules is lost during periods of a high metabolic demand, and the fatty acids from the cell membranes become oxidize. Consequently, this damages the cells and their organelles, resulting in their degeneration and death (Moreno-García et al., 2018). DMAE is being studied for its potential to buffer the production of said reactive species, in order to keep the previous process under control.
When is the best time to take DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol)?
Take a serving of DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol) once a day. Mix it in 100ml of water or juice and drink it preferably with a meal.
It seems that DMAE has no acute effects, and its cholinergic effect requires a constant intake in order to increase the choline levels.
How to combine DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol)?
Who can benefit from DMAE powder?
- Those who want to enrich their diet with DMAE.
- Athletes and active people.
- Students or people who work for long periods of time.
- 1. Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios (s.f.) Prospecto Denubil 250 mg/180 mg solución oral.
- 2. Kapoor, V. K., Dureja, J., & Chadha, R. (2009). Synthetic drugs with anti-ageing effects. Drug Discovery Today, 14(17–18), 899–904.
- 3. Malanga, G., Aguiar, M. B., Martinez, H. D., & Puntarulo, S. (2012). New insights on dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) features as a free radical scavenger. Drug Metabolism Letters, 6(1), 54–59.
- 4. Moreno-García, A., Kun, A., Calero, O., Medina, M., & Calero, M. (2018). An Overview of the Role of Lipofuscin in Age-Related Neurodegeneration. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 12, 464.
- 5. National Center for Biotechnology Information (2019). PubChem Database. HSDB : 1329, Source=HSDB.
- 6. National Center for Biotechnology Information (2019). PubChem Database. Acetylcholine, CID=187.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 690mg|
|Daily dose: 690mg|
|Servings per container: 217|
|DMAE (Dimethylamine Ethanol Bitartrate)||255mg|
Ingredients:DMAE bitartrate (Dimethylaminoethanol), anti-caking agent E551 (silicon dioxide).
How to take DMAE (DIMETHYLAMINOETHANOL) POWDER - 150g:Mix 690mg in 100ml of water or juice.
Warnings:Consult your doctor before starting any nutritional or exercise program. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of the smallest children.
Useful for students!
This product has helped more than once to pass my university exams. It really helps you focus on the task at hand, although I usually stop taking it every 2 months or so in order to avoid getting used to it.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics