Nutritional Facts LEUCINE 150g
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information LEUCINE 150g|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (5 g)|
|Servings per container:|
|Amount per serving|
|Ingredients: L-leucine (produced through a fermentation process, 100% vegetable) No GMOs (genetically modified organisms)|
How to take LEUCINA:As a nutritional supplement, mix 1 scoop (5 g) with water, juice or your favourite pre-workout drink, twice a day. On training days, take 1 serving before training and 1 right after for better results.
- GMO free (genetically modified organisms)
- Easily dissolved: 'Instant Leucine'
- Anti-catabolic effect
- Directly involved in the MPS (protein synthesis)
- It contributes to the maintenance of lean muscle mass
What is Leucine?
Leucine by HSN Raw Series is one of the essential amino-acid of the trio of branched-chain amino-acids (BCAA) together with L-valine and L-isoleucine. Out of those three, L-leucine is probably the one with greatest properties related to muscle growth.
Both training, which generates the muscular stimulus, and the presence of nutrients in this period are very important to optimize the whole process. Thus, adequate intake of the amino-acid L-leucine in the peri-workout period can help improve the response of muscle building, tissue regeneration and directly provide better and faster recovery, enabling the athlete to be in top condition for the next workout.
Leucine to prevent Sarcopenia
An important benefit, that this amino acid could provide, is to reduce sarcopenia, which is the loss of muscle mass in people of old age, due to a reduction in protein synthesis to resist this process. Thus, supplementation may contribute to improve this capacity, which has been drastically reduced with the years, helping to improve the state of health. Keep in mind that as it is involved in growth and providing support to the tissues that form the body, and one of the functions of leucine will be precisely to regulate and support the physiological mechanisms to restore these components.
MTOR and Leucine
Whether your goal is to gain or maintain muscle mass, when establishing a diet or due to the aging effect, stimulating protein synthesis will be a more than relevant action. The consumption of proteins is related to this aspect, but nevertheless, if we are trying to be efficient, we can resort to incorporate leucine as one of the elements that are most closely related to the creation of new tissues.
One of the main reasons is that leucine stimulates the mTOR pathway, ie leucine signals this metabolic pathway, acting as a switch to initiate the entire metabolic framework that is involved in the synthesis of proteins, regeneration and tissue growth.
HMB and Leucine
HMB is a leucine metabolite, which means that when the body receives leucine, it will turn it into HMB, approximately 5% of the ingested Leucine. As it is practically the same element, we could be in the situation of considering which of them to take. To simplify this question, we can distinguish each of them:
- HMB, mostly used as an anti-catabolic agent, and in periods of high work demand
- Leucine, its main goal is to activate and stimulate protein synthesis
HMB y Leucina
El HMB se trata de un metabolito de la propia leucina, es decir, cuando el organismo recibe leucina, la convertirá en HMB, en aproximadamente un 5% de lo ingerido. Siendo prácticamente el mismo elemento, podría darse el caso de plantearnos cuál de los dos tomar. Para simplificar esta cuestión, podemos identificar a cada uno según:
- HMB, mayormente destinado como agente anticatabólico, y en épocas de alta demanda de trabajo
- Leucina, su principal objetivo es activar y estimular la síntesis de proteínas
How to take Leucine?
There are several schemes of leucine supplementation, the following is one possibility for taking it in our peri-workout:
- Before workout: Take 2,5-5g of leucine. It can be taken along with pre-workout supplements , such as Citrulline Malate, Arginine or Beta Alanine. Even in combination with BCAAs, to increase the proportion and obtain 4:1:1, 8:1:1 or 12:1:1 ratios.
- During workout: Take 2,5-5g of leucine as an 'intra-workout', to which you may add electrolytes and carbohydrates.
- After workout: Take 2,5-5g of leucine along with protein shakes. Optionally with glutamine.
Other times in which leucine may also be used will be. for example, with meals, to enhance the anabolic content, or before bedtime, in combination with a slow absorption protein and glutamine shake, as highly-recommended optional supplements.
Instant Leucine and GMO Free
As you may know, Leucine and BBCAs supplements, usually are quite complicated to dissolve, nearly impossible, and always leave a certain quantity of lumps in our drink. In this case the raw material has the property of dissolving quickly and easily, for being 'Instant'.
An added value of Leucine from HSN Raw Series is that it is 100% vegetable origin and GMO free, being obtained through a fermentation process. This means that the raw material used to make this product have no organisms that have been previously treated or modified in a laboratory.
Who can benefit from Leucine?
- Any athlete looking for a proper recovery after the workout, especially at toning sessions, when the carbohydrate intake is low.
- It's ideal to protect muscle mass between meals, especially in cutting phases or with high intensity and volume workouts.
- Everyone looking for a supplement to protect their muscle mass from ageing, wight-loss plans, etc.