Nutritional Facts LEUCINE POWDER 150g
|Daily doseper serving|
|Information LEUCINE POWDER 150g|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (5g)|
|Daily dose: 2 scoops (10g)|
|Servings per container: 30|
|Ingredients: L-leucine (produced through a fermentation process, 100% vegetable) GMO Free (genetically modified organisms)|
How to take LEUCINE POWDER 150g:Mix 1 scoop (5g) with water, juice or your favourite pre-workout drink, twice a day. On training days, take 1 serving before training and 1 right after for better results.
- GMO (genetically modified organisms) free
- Excellent dissolution: 'Instant Leucine'
- Anti-catabolic effect
- Directly involved in the MPS (protein synthesis)
- It contributes to the maintenance of lean muscle mass
Table of contents
Leucine by HSNraw is one of the essential amino-acids that belongs to the branched-chain amino-acids (BCAA's) trio together with L-valine and L-isoleucine. Out of these three, L-leucine is probably the one that provides the best properties in regard to muscle growth.
Training, which stimulates the muscles, as well as the presence of nutrients are very important to optimize the whole process of muscle growth. Thus, an adequate intake of the amino-acid L-leucine in the peri-workout can help to improve muscle building, tissue regeneration, and directly provide a better and faster recovery, which will help the athlete to be ready for the next workout.
An important benefit of this amino acid is that it could reduce the sarcopenia, which is the loss of muscle mass in the elderly due to a decrease of the synthesis of proteins. Thus, supplementation may contribute to improving this capacity, which has been drastically reduced with the passing of time, and consequently helping to improve the state of health. Keep in mind that, since it is involved in the growth and providing support for the tissues that form the organism, and one of the functions of leucine will be precisely to regulate and support the physiological mechanisms to restore these components.
Either if your goal is to gain or maintain muscle mass, when we start following a diet or due to the aging effect, stimulating the synthesis of proteins will be a more than relevant action. The consumption of proteins is related to this aspect, but nevertheless, if we are trying to be efficient we can use leucine as one of the elements that are most closely related to the creation of new tissues.
One of the main reasons is that leucine stimulates the mTOR pathway, which means that leucine signals this metabolic pathway, and it will act as a switch to start the entire metabolic process that is involved in the synthesis of proteins, and the regeneration and growth of tissue.
HMB is a leucine metabolite, which means that when the organism receives leucine, approximately a 5% of the ingested leucine will be turned into HMB. Since it is practically the same element, we may ask ourselves which one of them is better. To answer this question, we can distinguish each of them according to:
- HMB, mostly used as an anti-catabolic agent, and in periods of high work demand
- Leucine, its main objective is to activate and stimulate the synthesis of proteins
There are several schemes of leucine supplementation, the following one would be a peri-workout scheme:
- Before training: Take 2.5-5g of leucine. It can be combined with pre-workout supplements , such as Citrulline Malate, Arginine or Beta Alanine, and even with BCAAs to increase the proportion and obtain 4:1:1, 8:1:1 or 12:1:1 ratios.
- During the workout: Take 2.5-5g of leucine as an 'intra-workout', to which you may add electrolytes and carbohydrates.
- After training: Take 2.5-5g of leucine along with protein shakes. You can optionally add glutamine.
Other times in which leucine may also be used will be, for example, with meals, to enhance the anabolic content, or before bedtime, combined with a slow absorption protein and glutamine shake, which are highly advised optional supplements.
An added value of the HSNraw Leucine is that it is a 100% of vegetable origin and GMO free product, which has been obtained through a fermentation process. This means that the raw material that has been used to make this product has no organisms that have been previously treated or modified in a laboratory.
As you may know, Leucine and BCAA's supplements are usually quite hard to dissolve, and actually nearly impossible. They always leave some lumps in our shake. However, in this case, the raw material has the ability to dissolve quickly and easily, since it is an 'Instant' type.
- Any athlete who wants a proper recovery after the workout, specially during cutting phases when the consumption of carbs is low.
- It is ideal to protect the muscle mass, specially during cutting phases or with high intensity workouts.
- Everyone looking for a supplement to protect their muscle mass from aging, weight-loss diets, etc.
In this section you can see and download the research carried out by independent certified laboratories, providing the most precise and detailed information of each one.
It helps you achieve a good recovery after an intense workout, I do not like its flavour with water, that is why I like to mix it with my pre-workout shake
High quality amino acid
The properties of the product speak for themselves: no additives, vegetable origin, OGM free, just the raw ingredient. It provides an excellent recovery after workout.
Peter M, 22/03/2018
I combine it with creatine and the result are remarkable, since it increases muscle growth, really recommended for those on bulking phase or if you are preparing for an event.