- Excellent energy source for long workouts
- Fast absorption rate
- From maize starch
Table of contents
Maltodextrin by HSNraw is a polysaccharide, that is, a type of complex carbohydrate which provides a sustained energy supply. Therefore, it is ideal for long workouts in which we spend glycogen very quickly due the intensity of the exercise. It is obtained from the hydrolysis of starch.
Its absorbability in the intestine is very high, even more than glucose, despite being classified as a complex carbohydrate, which means that its molecular structure is made up by more than one unit of glucose (glucose polymer) that forms long chains. The glycemic index of maltodextrin is around 85-105. The chains that bind the monosaccharides are weak, which means that they will be easily metabolized, resulting in an insulin increase.
In order to use maltodextrin, it must go through the liver first, where said molecular chains will be broken. In that case, the use ratio for its recharge will be slower than that of dextrose (monosaccharides or glucose units).
Both carbohydrate sources can be combined with a 50:50 ratio in order to complement each other. Dextrose, being a single molecule, will have a high osmolarity and a slow gastric emptying. However, combining dextrose with a glucose polymer, such as maltodextrin, will improve the digestion without producing delays. In this way, the combination of dextrose and maltodextrin will improve the glycogen recharge, as well as the hydration and performance.
Despite providing a high glycemic index due to its branched molecular structure, it is possible to achieve a stable energy level over time.
Maltodextrin can be used either as a pre, intra or post-workout energy boost in order to recharge the muscle glycogen, thanks to its properties related to a prolonged energy supply.
During intense exercise, the active muscle tissues will demand more energy from these energy reserves. These glycogen reserves will be partially emptied depending on the type, intensity and duration of the activity.
Maltodextrin is designed with the following objectives:
- Energy source
- Performance enhancer thanks to its availability, it does not cause stomach discomfort or other issues while reducing the muscle fatigue
- Shorten the recovery thanks to its fast absorption in the intestine after a quick transit through the stomach
The Maltodextrin can be combined with other products that are designed to provide a strategic intake in one of the most important moments, like finishing an intense physical activity:
- Sportspeople that carry out endurance workouts for a long time, especially endurance sports.
- All kinds of sportspeople and athletes looking for a source of carbohydrates to get the energy they need before, during and after training. It can also provide a pre-competition carbohydrate recharge.
- Fitness athletes in bulking phase that can mix it with their usual protein to achieve more muscle growth.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 2 scoops (50g)|
|Daily dose: 2 scoops (50g)|
|Servings per container: 20|