- Multi-phase carbohydrate formula
- Fast and medium absorption rates
- 35g of specific carbohydrates per serving
- Source of magnesium and chloride
- 311.7mg of sodium per serving
- Easily absorbable nutrients, energy release in two phases!
- The smartest way of taking nutrients for the workout!
What is Evocarbs 2.0?
Evocarbs 2.0 by HSNsports is a product made from carbohydrates that has been designed for athletes who do high intensity and/or long physical exercise.
The carbohydrates have been specially selected due to their chemical features. In fact, they quickly discharge energy into the blood, apart from being enriched with sodium, chloride and magnesium to make sure that you meet the requirements of these minerals.
The best combination to forget about gastrointestinal discomfort during the physical activity!
Why take Evocarbs 2.0?
Evocarbs 2.0 has been designed with a balanced selection of carbohydrates to:
- Provide plenty of nutrients before or after the workout, which are the main source of energy for the muscle tissue during intense workouts (Boron and Boulpaep, 2017).
- Recharge muscle and hepatic glycogen after and intense workout session. This will help you recover better and faster!
What are these sources of carbohydrates?
Evocarbs 2.0 contains 3 sources of carbohydrates with specific features that result in a multi-phase absorption profile:
The main source of carbohydrates is maltodextrin, which is a glucose polymer (combination of several glucose molecules). It is obtained from corn starch. Starch is an extremely complex structure made up of hundreds of thousand units of glucose. When we simplify this structure until we get a linear chain of less than 20 units of glucose, we obtain what is known as maltodextrin.
What are the features of this substance?
Thanks to its simplicity, maltodextrin easily breaks down in the gastrointestinal system, reaching its blood peak after 45 minutes approximately (Sands et al., 2009). Therefore, we could say that it is a moderately fast source of carbohydrates that produces much less gastrointestinal discomfort than other linear polymers, such as starch.
On the other hand, we have dextrose, a monomer (simple molecule). In fact, thanks to its simplicity, it does not have to be digested at all. Consequently, it is directly ready to be absorbed as soon as its transport protein is ready to take it to the blood so that we can use it as energy.
Evocarbs 2.0 is an ideal alternative to carbohydrate drinks that trigger stomach discomfort!
But, why does it have to be so complicated? If you do endurance sports, you have probably taken a lot of carbohydrates at some point and you have felt heavy, apart from experiencing intestinal discomfort and gases, right? Jeukendrup also experienced these symptoms and he conducted a study on 2004 regarding this issue.
What were the results of the study?
Jeukendrup concluded that the highest amount of glucose that the human body can absorb is 0.83g/min. Therefore, 49g/h is our limit and if we exceed it, our body would be unable to absorb more sugar. So, instead of absorbing it, the sugar would continue to travel until the large bowel. There, the body would macerate and ferment it, producing the gases and discomfort we have been talking about (Lifschitz, 2000).
However, the amount of carbohydrates that we can absorb increases up to 1.26/min when we combine them with fructose (Jeukendrup, 2014). That is why we have also included crystalline fructose, because it does not use the same transport protein than glucose in the intestine. Therefore, they do not compete against each other, which improves its absorption (Boron & Boulpaep, 2017).
In addition, we have completed our formula with electrolytes: sodium, chloride and magnesium. When we do physical exercise, our body loses minerals when we sweat, which is why athletes need a higher supply of these elements to maintain adequate concentrations in the blood. In fact, more than half of the runners that participate in endurance trials lack sodium after they are done (Noakes et al., 2005). Evocarbs 2.0 provides 311.7mg of sodium per serving, so that you will be able to make the most of your workouts and forget about unpleasant muscle cramps!
Thanks to Evocarbs 2.0, you will have a multi-phase combination of carbohydrates, with combined absorption pathways that has been specially designed for athletes who do not want to suffer discomfort during their workouts and competitions. Moreover, they will benefit from its energy supply during the whole physical activity.
How to take Evocarbs 2.0?
Evocarbs 2.0 is a product that you can take at any time of the day, since you can use it to replace other sources of carbohydrates. Despite of that, its specific features are quite useful before, during and after the workout in order to provide energy very quickly.
Mix two scoops of Evocarbs 2.0 in at least 400ml of water to maintain a maximum concentration of a 10% and to make an isotonic drink that will keep you properly hydrated.
How can we combine Evocarbs 2.0?
You can perfectly combine Evocarbs 2.0 with Evobcaa’s 2.0. They make a perfect combination of carbohydrates, electrolytes, branched chain amino acids and L-glutamine that will help you recover physically from the most intense workouts!
- 1. Boron, W., Boulpaep, E. (Eds.) (2017) Medical physiology: a cellular and molecular approach Philadelphia, PA: Saunders/Elsevier.
- 2. Jeukendrup, A. E. (2004). Carbohydrate intake during exercise and performance. Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.), 20(7–8), 669—677.
- 3. Lifschitz, C. H. (2000). Carbohydrate absorption from fruit juices in infants. Pediatrics, 105(1), e4.
- 4. Noakes, T. D., Sharwood, K., Speedy, D., Hew, T., Reid, S., Dugas, J., … Weschler, L. (2005). Three independent biological mechanisms cause exercise-associated hyponatremia: evidence from 2,135 weighed competitive athletic performances. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 102(51), 18550–18555.
- 5. Sands, A. L., Leidy, H. J., Hamaker, B. R., Maguire, P., & Campbell, W. W. (2009). Consumption of the slow-digesting waxy maize starch leads to blunted plasma glucose and insulin response but does not influence energy expenditure or appetite in humans. Nutrition Research (New York, N.Y.), 29(6), 383–390.
|per servingper 100g|
|Serving size: 2 scoops (40g)|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|of which saturated||0g|
|of which sugars||16g|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Protein calculated in dry matter (nitrogen *6.25)
Ingredients:Maltodextrin, dextrose monohydrate, crystalline fructose, acid [E330 (citric acid)], sodium chloride, natural flavoring, sodium citrate, acidity regulator [E340i (monopotassium phosphate)], magnesium bisglycinate, sweetener [E955 (sucralose)].
How to take EVOCARBS 2.0 1Kg LEMON:Mix 2 scoops (40g) in 400ml of water. It can be taken before, during or after training, depending of the intensity.
Warnings:Keep in a cool and dry place.
Great product to drink during a high intensity workout. Now that summer is almost here and I like training outdoors, I like using this product to keep myself hydrated.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Very nice intra-workout supplement. Citrus flavours are very refreshing and the powder is easy to dissolve in water too.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
A little too sweet
Really good product, although I use a lower dose because otherwise it is way too sweet for my taste. It helps with the recovery and I feel less tired overall.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Good blend of carbs and electrolytes that gives you a boost of energy for your workouts. I have only tried the cola flavor so far and I like it.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics