EVOLYTES (ELECTROLYTE SALTS)
- Multi-mineral complex to prevent dehydration and muscle cramps
- 249.5mg of sodium per capsule
- Vegetable capsules suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- In-house production
- The best electrolyte supplement!
What is Evolytes?
Evolytes is a food supplement in vegetable capsules. All in all, it is a multi-mineral complex with calcium, magnesium, potassium, chloride and sodium. It is suitable for vegans and vegetarians since it has been made from vegetable ingredients.
The Evolytes formula has been designed to avoid the muscle cramps caused by dehydration during the workout. Therefore, it is an ideal supplement for athletes who have to face endurance activities and long-distance races which are quite demanding.
For example, athletes will make the most of Evolytes if they do marathon, triathlon, trekking, long-distance trailing or cycling. If that is your case, what are you waiting for?
Why take Evolytes?
We came up with Evolytes so that you could have a product that would provide the main minerals that your body needs during the workout. Minerals are nutrients that we have to obtain from the diet in order to keep our metabolism healthy. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid the deficiencies that tend to occur when we do physical exercise.
These elements are inorganic substances, in other words, their chemical composition lacks a carbon atom, which is the base of life. The need to take mineral food supplements is mainly due to their essential condition; the body cannot produce them on its own.
Their main role consists of controlling the metabolic reactions that result in growth processes or the absorption of vitamins and nutrients. Both are essential tasks for the proper functioning of the human body.
Minerals and physical activity
Now, what is the mineral that we mostly spend during a demanding physical activity? Most of the scientific evidence points that sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium are the main minerals that we lose when we sweat. Therefore, combining these substances results in a quick mineral salt recharge (electrolytes) that you lose while working out.
Have you ever suffered muscle cramps during the workout? This can be due to the mineral loss that we previously mentioned. Above all, this happens when we sweat while doing physical exercise. Drinking water is not enough to fix it, Evolytes contains the necessary electrolytes to avoid suffering pleasant cramps.
Composition of Evolytes
The choice of minerals for this product was not random at all. In fact, we have carefully selected them according to their importance for the physical exercise, since this increases the daily requirements.
- It is the electrolyte that we lose the most while we sweat when we do physical exercise.
- It supports the hydration.
- It helps to keep a proper mineral balance during the workout.
- It increases the water transport to the small gut, improving the hydration.
- It increases the carbohydrate transport to the small gut, improving their absorption and, consequently, the energy production.
- It supports the proper functioning of the neuromuscular system.
- It is involved in the energy metabolism.
- It supports the proper functioning of digestive enzymes.
- It decreases the tiredness and fatigue.
- It stimulates the protein synthesis.
- It is connected to the proper functioning of the digestive system.
Sodium, an essential mineral for the body
From all the minerals that we lose during the workout, sodium is the most important one. A loss of this mineral can even trigger hyponatremia, which can condition our performance and health. Recharging the sodium we lose during the physical exercise is extremely important!
Usually, the electrolyte products available in the market do not have enough sodium. Evolytes contains the necessary percentage to recharge your reserves, even if the workout is highly demanding!
Taking at least 460mg of sodium per liter of water during the workout will allow the glucose to cross the intestinal barrier more easily and reach the bloodstream, where it will provide energy. This prevents the fermentation of carbohydrates in the small intestine. In fact, together with calcium and chloride, they contribute to the proper functioning of the digestive system, helping to prevent gastrointestinal discomfort during the workout.
Moreover, a sodium-rich drink retains more fluids than a low electrolyte drink, which is why sodium can also help us avoid becoming dehydrated.
Together with 1 liter of water during the workout, a dose of Evolytes will provide the necessary minerals so that you can benefit from all these effects!
Did you like this product, but you still feel like you need an energy boost for your workouts? Then try out our Evolytes Plus+!
When is the best time to take Evolytes?
Evolytes has been specially designed for:
- Pre-workout: To prevent.
- Intra-workout: To correct.
- Post-workout: To recharge.
How to take Evolytes?
Evolytes is a product that comes in capsules. Therefore, you will have to take one capsule with plenty of water. Although you can also mix it with a sport drink as well.
How can we combine Evolytes?
- Evocarbs: Combining carbohydrates and electrolytes will support the performance during endurance trials, improving the hydration and your recovery!
- Highly branched cyclic dextrin
- Evoenergy gel
- Essential amino acids
- Branched chain amino acids
- Lau WY, Kato H, Nosaka K. Water intake after dehydration makes muscles more susceptible to cramp but electrolytes reverse that effect [published correction appears in BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med. 2019 Apr 11;5(1):e000478corr1]. BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med. 2019;5(1):e000478. Published 2019 Mar 5.
- Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research; Marriott BM, editor. Nutritional Needs in Hot Environments: Applications for Military Personnel in Field Operations. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1993. 7. The Effect of Exercise and Heat on Mineral Metabolism and Requirements.
- Lebensmittelsicherheit E für. Report of the Scientific Committee on Food on composition and specification of food intended to meet the expenditure of intense muscular effort, especially. Eur Comm. 2001.
- Poulsen SB, Fenton RA, Rieg T. Sodium-glucose cotransport. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2015;24(5):463–469.
- Baker LB. Sweating Rate and Sweat Sodium Concentration in Athletes: A Review of Methodology and Intra/Interindividual Variability. Sports Med. 2017;47(Suppl 1):111–128.
- Rondon H, Badireddy M. Hyponatremia. [Updated 2018 Dec 13]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2019 Jan.
|per servingDaily dose|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 120|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Ingredients:Sodium chloride, vegetable capsule [glazing agent E464 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose)], potassium chloride, corn starch, bulking agent [E460i (microcrystalline cellulose)], magnesium bisglycinate, calcium carbonate, anti-caking agents [E470b (magnesium stearate) and E551 (silicon dioxide)].
How to take EVOLYTES (ELECTROLYTE SALTS) - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule with 500ml of water.
Warnings:Once opened, store in a cool (under 25ºC), dry and dark place. Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of the smallest children. Nutritional supplements should not be used to replace a balanced diet.
I have used it for long workout sessions and it keeps you hydrated and full of energy. I personally find it really useful to combine it with some caffeine or a gel to enhance its effects.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
Great product for cyclists!
I do not really enjoy flavoured drinks, which is why as soon as I saw this supplement I had to try it. The capsule format is really comfortable, you just have to make sure that you drink plenty of water. I practice cycling regularly and this product has become a must in my shopping list.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics