- 30g of carbohydrates per serving from Cluster Dextrin®, Palatinose™, dextrose and fructose
- With 9.3g of protein per serving from Lacprodan® Hydro.90 INS and vegetable amino acids
- Source of Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride and Potassium
- Perfect post-workout supplement
What is EvoRecovery?
Evorecovery by HSNsports is a food supplement made from hydrolyzed whey protein, amino acids, carbohydrates and minerals, with sugar and sweetener.
Evorecovery has been designed to provide a combination of specific carbohydrates and hydrolyzed whey protein. It has been designed to help you protect and gain muscle mass thanks to its protein content. Moreover, it also supports the post-workout recovery after a high intensity/long physical exercise, reducing the glycogen deposits in the skeletal muscle thanks to its carbohydrate content.
Why take EvoRecovey?
“The experts have stated that many athletes do not take enough carbohydrates to completely recharge their glycogen deposits. This factor can hinder the performance, particularly when we do exhausting physical exercise regularly” (Kanter, 2018).
Evorecovery and its Carbohydrate Sources
Evorecovery contains a combination of 4 carbohydrate sources. One of them is the highly branched cyclic dextrin (HBCD), registered under the trademark Cluster Dextrin®. It is a carbohydrate made up of glucose molecules shaped like a ring that has a high molecular mass. The molecular mass is an aspect that is directly related to the osmotic pressure of a drink that affects the gastric emptying rate and, consequently, its absorption; so “HBCD is an useful ingredient in sport drinks due to its reduced osmotic features” (Takii et al., 2005).
If you look at the label, you will see that we have called it “Maltodextrin (highly branched cyclic dextrin) (Cluster Dextrin®)”. In order to avoid any kind of confusions, we need to clarify that when we talk about “dextrin” we are referring to a generic term that refers to a product obtained by breaking down the starch (Shrestha & Halley, 2014). Maltodextrin is a type of dextrin, a short chain made up by glucose units. Cluster Dextrin® is even more simple than that, since it has been modified to have a ring shape (closed) and branches instead of having a linear shape. Consequently, this results in a series of unique properties. It has been obtained from corn amylopectin. We could say that a part of the starch is amylopectin, which is the source of the cyclodextrin and a type of maltodextrin at the same time.
In addition, we have also included Isomaltulose (Palatinose™) a low glycemic index carbohydrate “that has a more positive effect than sugar on the glucose metabolism and pancreatic function, since it is less hyperglycemic and hyperinsulinemic” (Maeda et al., 2013). In fact, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has stated that “you can take several high doses throughout the day without experiencing side effects in the gut” (2016).
This results in a synergy between both carbohydrates that discharge glucose in the blood at different speeds.
Evorecovery and Protein
We have also included hydrolyzed whey protein with the raw ingredient Lacprodan® Hydro.90 INS. Its long chain amino acids that make up the protein have been partially “broken down”, which is why the manufacturer has labelled it as a “pre-digested” protein. The protein from EvoRecovery can help us gain and preserve our muscle mass, while keeping the bones healthy.
We have also improved its aminogram by including essential amino acids from vegetable sources through a fermentation process! That is why it is also suitable for vegetarians.
Minerals and Evorecovery
Evorecovery has a high calcium and magnesium content. Moreover, it is also a source of chloride and potassium, so that you will be able to benefit from the effects of these minerals to improve your health and performance:
- Helps to preserve a normal muscle function.
- Helps to support the proper functioning of the energy system.
- Supports the proper functioning of the digestive enzymes.
- Contributes to decreasing the tiredness and fatigue.
- Helps to regulate the electrolyte balance.
- Helps to preserve a normal muscle function.
- Supports the digestion through the production of chlorhydric acid in the stomach.
- Helps to preserve the functioning of the neuromuscular system.
Evorecovery is a food supplement powder designed to be mixed in water, so that transporting a serving will be comfortable since it will take very little space in your bag or pockets. Ready-to-take at any moment. Moreover, its dissolution is quite easy thanks to the high molecular weight carbohydrates, resulting in a homogeneous solution without unpleasant lumps.
When is the best time to take Evorecovery?
Evorecovery is a product that has been specially designed for the post-workout, either after a regular workout or a competition. Although you could also take it before or during the physical exercise depending on your needs.
You will just have to mix a scoop of 50g of Evorecovery in 300ml of water to benefit from all its properties.
How can we combine Evorecovery?
- EvoBcaa’s 2.0
- Natural Caffeine
- Food and Drug Administration (2016). GRAS notice for isomaltulose syrup (dried). Recuperado 22 octubre, 2019.
- Kanter, M. (2018). High-Quality Carbohydrates and Physical Performance: Expert Panel Report. Nutrition Today, 53(1), 35–39.
- Maeda, A., Miyagawa, J.-I., Miuchi, M., Nagai, E., Konishi, K., Matsuo, T., … Namba, M. (2013). Effects of the naturally-occurring disaccharides, palatinose and sucrose, on incretin secretion in healthy non-obese subjects. Journal of Diabetes Investigation, 4(3), 281–286.
- Shrestha, A. K., & Halley, P. J. (2014). Chapter 5 - Starch Modification to Develop Novel Starch-Biopolymer Blends: State of Art and Perspectives. In P. J. Halley & L. Avérous (Eds.), Starch Polymers (pp. 105–143).
- Takii, H., Takii, N., Y., Kometani, T., Nishimura, T., Nakae, T., Kuriki, T., & Fushiki, T. (2005). Fluids Containing a Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin Influence the Gastric Emptying Rate. Int J Sports Med, 26(04), 314–319.
|per servingper 100g|
|Serving size: 1 scoop (50g)|
|Servings per container: 40|
|Amount per serving||NRV*|
|of which saturated||0.1g|
|of which sugars||19g|
|NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values) established in Regulation (EU) 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011. †† NRVs are not established on this occasion.|
Protein calculated as nitrogen *6.38.
Ingredients:Maltodextrin (highly branched cyclic dextrin) (Cluster Dextrin®), hydrolyzed whey protein isolate (Lacprodan® Hydro.90.INS), isomaltulose (Palatinose™), dextrose monohydrate, crystalline fructose, L-leucine*, L-lysine hydrochloride*, natural flavoring, acid [E330 (citric acid)], L-isoleucine*, L-valine*, L-threonine*, sodium chloride, calcium carbonate, sodium citrate, magnesium bisglycinate, emulsifiers [E322 (soy lecithin) and E322 (sunflower lecithin)], L-methionine*, L-phenylalanine*, L-tryptophan*, colors [E162 (beet red) and E163 (anthocyanins)], potassium chloride, sweetener [E955 (sucralose)], safflower extract. *Produced through a vegetable fermentation process.
How to take EVORECOVERY 2Kg FRUIT PUNCH:Mix 1 scoop (50g approx.) in 300ml of water.
Warnings:Keep in a cool and dry place.
Amino Acids Profile
|Amino Acids Profile||x100g|
I have to confess that I am addicted to the gym. That would be a problem, except for the fact that I use this supplement to fully recover from the workouts!HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics
This product has all the ingredients that you'll need for an excellent post-workout recovery. I've already started experiencing its effects and I've been taking them for a week or so.HSN Sport Nutrition and Natural Dietetics