- Alpha Lipoic Acid by Natrol is the universal antioxidant
- Fights the aging process
- Rejuvenates the cells of the whole body
- Sustained release formula (TR = Time Released)
The structure of Alpha Lipoic Acid (AAL) provides unique properties:
- It can act in fat-soluble and water-soluble environments, protecting your body against oxidative stress.
- Increases the action and renewal of other antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- It binds to free ions to form chelates.
- It helps group B vitamins to produce energy from proteins, fats and carbohydrates in food.
Due to all of this, Alpha Lipoic Acid is one of the most effective antioxidants to fight against the free radicals.
The function of antioxidants is to neutralize the free radicals produced by cell oxidation. If there is a controlled and limited number of these elements it can be beneficial for the organism since they can be capable of eliminating pathogenic micro-organisms. As soon as the number of free radicals increases and destabilizes, they can produce negative results such as nervous system disorders and other very serious illnesses (tumors, diabetes, cardiovascular problems, and degenerative diseases).