Stress & Anxiety by Natrol is a supplement consisting of two types of capsules (day and night) for taking at different times.
Characteristics of Day capsule:
- Vitamin B6: helps to improve heart health, it is useful for reducing symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, improves depression as it raises serotonin levels, reduces asthma attacks and improves memory.
- Folic acid: prevents depression, prevents cancer, increases female fertility, favours the formation of red blood cells and promotes good cellular health.
- 5-HTP: (5-HT, 5-hidroxytryptamine or 5-hidroxytryptophan) is a potentiator of serotonin which, if ingesting via supplementation, is much more effective as the body can more quickly gain access to it. 5-HTP is an effective anti-depressant that has been scientifically proven and produces no side effects. 5-HTP is almost not obtained through food. 5-HTP is found in very high proportions in the seeds of an African plant called Griffonia simplicifolia, which is found in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
- Theanine: Theanine produces these effects by increasing production levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), affecting serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain and inhibits the excitable toxicity of glutamic acid. Characteristics of Night capsules:
- Vitamin E: powerful antioxidant.
- Glutamine: is a non-essential amino acid that has a series of interesting properties for the brain and, in general, for the nervous system.
- Valerian: is a very well-known plant and popularly applied as it has beneficial properties on the organism in general, proof of this is the Catalan phrase 'si vals tenir a la dona sana, dona li arrel de valeriana '(if you want a healthy wife, give her valerian root).
- Melatonin: helps get to sleep, combats free radicals, counteracts stress, improves quality of life and mood in general, thereby improving disposition and good humour, boosting the immune system, contributing towards prevention of colds, flu and other diseases such as cancer, reducing cholesterol and improving the waking-up process.