ALPHA LIPOIC ACID 250mg - 120 veg caps
Nutritional Facts ALPHA LIPOIC ACID 250mg - 120 veg caps
|Daily doseper serving|
|Information ALPHA LIPOIC ACID 250mg - 120 veg caps|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 1 veg caps|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||250mg|
|Ingredients: Alpha Lipoic Acid, rice flour, vegetable polysaccharides (capsule), anti-caking agents [E470b magnesium stearate, E551 silicon dioxide (vegetable source)]. Produced in facilities that process other products that contain wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, crustaceans or nuts.|
How to take ALPHA LIPOIC ACID 250mg - 120 veg caps:Take 1 vegetable capsule a day with lunch.
- High percentage of Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Vegetable capsules
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- It provides 250mg of ALA per serving
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid?
Alpha Lipoic Acid by Now Foods is a nutritional supplement in vegetable capsules made of alpha lipoc acid (ALA).
Properties of Alpha Lipoic Acid
Alpha lipoic acid, also known as thioctic acid, lipoic acid, or ALA, is a fatty acid which has two sulfur atoms and which has benefits for the human organism.
It can been obtained through octanoic acid and food. However, there is a lot of people who choose to purchase an extra amount of this acid due to its properties.
Alpha Lipoic Acid as an antioxidant
This fatty acid is known as the universal antioxidant. There are several studies that have wanted to prove its antioxidant properties. One of them stated that: 'Alpha lipoic acid has a significant antioxidant activity that protects against oxidative damage in several diseases, including neurodegenerative disorders.' (1)
Alpha Lipoic Acid and diabetes
Several studies have experimented to prove the beneficial of ALA to improve the sensitivity to insulin and regulate the sugar levels in the blood.
Once of the studies proved that alpha-lipoic acid has beneficial effects both to prevent and treat diabetes. (2)
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- All those who want to benefit from the properties of this supplement made of Alpha Lipoic Acid.
1. Tibullo D, Li Volti G, Giallongo C, Grasso S, Tomassoni D, Anfuso CD, Lupo G, Amenta F, Avola R, Bramanti V. Biochemical and clinical relevance of alpha lipoic acid: antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity, molecular pathways and therapeutic potential. Inflamm Res. 2017 Jul 4. doi: 10.1007/s00011-017-1079-6.
2. Rochette L, Ghibu S, Muresan A, Vergely C. Alpha-lipoic acid: molecular mechanisms and therapeutic potential in diabetes. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2015 Dec;93(12):1021-7. doi: 10.1139/cjpp-2014-0353. Epub 2015 Sep 25.