CAPRYLIC ACID 600mg - 100 softgels
Nutritional Facts CAPRYLIC ACID 600mg - 100 softgels
|Daily doseper serving|
|Information CAPRYLIC ACID 600mg - 100 softgels|
|Serving size: 1 softgel|
|Daily dose: 2 softgels|
|Caprylic acid (from MCT Medium Chain Triglycerides)||1200mg|
|Ingredients: Caprylic acid [from 1g of MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides) (coconut and palm seed oil], soft gelatin capsule (bovine gelatine, water, E422 glycerin humectant). Manufactured in facilities that process yeast, egg, soy, milk, gluten, fish or seafish, so it may contain traces of them.|
How to take CAPRYLIC ACID 600mg - 100 softgels:Take 1 capsule twice a day with meals.
- 600mg Caprylic acid per softgel
- Extracted from 1g MCT (medium chain fatty acids) oil
- 2 softgels a day with food
- 100 softgels per pot
What is Caprylic Acid?
Caprylic Acid by Now Foods is a supplement that provides 600mg of caprylic acid per softgel.
Caprylic acid, also known as octanoic acid, is a medium chain fatty acid (MCT) found naturally in breast milk, coconut oil and palm oil.
What are the properties of Caprylic Acid?
Supplementation with caprylic acid is widely used as a natural remedy against infections caused by Candidiasis, especially produced by the fungus Candida albicans.
Candidiasis are opportunistic infections produced by yeasts, of which the most frequent etiological agent involved will be C.albicans, generating problems at various levels. C. albicans is found in the oral cavity, in the gastrointestinal tract and in the vagina.
According to the following study 'Inhibition and/or reduction of the growth of C. albicans will be enhanced by the consumption of caprylic acid, oregano oil and/or Lactobacillus acidophylus'. (1)
Other studies prove the efficiency of caprylic acid as 'An efficient remedy in medical problems such as frequent urination, incontinence, chronic upper respiratory infection, root-tooth infections caused by mixed infections of Candida albicans, Helicobacter pylori and cytomegalovirus'. (2)
Who is this product for?
- People who wish to complete their diet with a caprylic acid supplement, especially for people prone to suffering from Candida infections.
1. De la Casa Moreno I, Soriano del Castillo JM, Micó Pascual L. '[Dietetic-therapeutic intervention in Candidiasis intestinal]'. Nutr Hosp. 2014 Sep 1;30(3):686-9. doi: 10.3305/nh.2014.30.3.7620.
2. Omura Y, O'Young B, Jones M, Pallos A, Duvvi H, Shimotsuura Y.b 'Caprylic acid in the effective treatment of intractable medical problems of frequent urination, incontinence, chronic upper respiratory infection, root canalled tooth infection, ALS, etc., caused by asbestos & mixed infections of Candida albicans, Helicobacter pylori & cytomegalovirus with or without other microorganisms & mercury'. Acupunct Electrother Res. 2011;36(1-2):19-64.