GLYCINE 1000mg - 100 veg caps
- Glycine free form
- It provides 3g of Glycine per daily dose
- Vegetable capsules
What is Glycine 1000mg?
Glycine 1000mg by Now Foods is a food supplement in vegetable capsules made from glycine.
It is advisable to take between 1 to 3 vegetable capsules, preferably on an empty stomach.
Properties of Glycine 1000mg
Glycine is a non-essential amino acid that plays a crucial role in both the excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmission. Taking glycine before going to sleep considerably improved the quality of sleep in individuals with insomniac tendencies.
This amino acid performs fundamental metabolic functions, since it inhibitory neurotransmitter of the central nervous system and a positive neuromodulator at glutamate-mediated synapses.
Glycine is both an inhibitory neurotransmitter as well as a neuromodulator of the excitatory glutamatergic synapse as co-agonist of N-methyl D-aspartate receptors.
Who can benefit from Glycine 1000mg?
- Those who want to follow a healthy lifestyle
- People with sleep problems
1. Bannai M, Kawai N. New therapeutic strategy for amino acid medicine: glycine improves the quality of sleep. J Pharmacol Sci. 2012;118(2):145-8.
2. López-Corcuera B, Benito-Muñoz C, Aragón C. Glycine Transporters in Glia Cells: Structural Studies. Adv Neurobiol. 2017;16:13-32. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-55769-4_2.
3. Supplisson S, Roux MJ. Why glycine transporters have different stoichiometries. Send to
FEBS Lett. 2002 Oct 2;529(1):93-101.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 3 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 100|