- Alleviates occasional constipation
- Magnesium sulphate with intestinal stimulant herbs.
When there are changes in the diet, a higher level of water or fibre intake may not be sufficient. The Laxative Cleanse formula by Now Foods contains a mix of herbs with laxative properties (such as cascara sagrada and Senna) and can be used as a mild and natural stimulant to alleviate occasional constipation (non-chronic). Amongst typical symptoms of constipation are expelling less than three faeces per week, expelling hard and small faeces, difficulty and pain when defecating and/or feeling a sensation of incomplete evacuation after defecating. Normally constipation appears then a deposition moves very slowly through the digestive tract.
This can be due to a lack of fluids or fibre in the diet or insufficient muscle contractions needed to push the deposition. Slow movement of the faeces means that they dry out, become hard and difficult to expel.
- Laxative Cleanse contains natural ingredients such as Cascara sagrada and Senna leaves which have a laxative effect by accelerating intestinal transit due to the intense intestinal movements it produces.
- Magnesium sulphate has an osmotic effect on the small intestine, in other words, helps to extract water from other tissues within these intestines. This water favours peristalsis, which is the muscle movement of the intestines that helps to eliminate the faeces.
- Contains apple pectin, a type of soluble fibre that when it comes into contact with water, forms a reticule in which water remains trapped making the mixture to coagulate. Thanks to its capacity to absorb water, pectin increases the volume of the faeces.