LUTEIN & ZEAXANTHIN - 60 softgels
- 25mg of Lutein per serving
- 5mg of Zeaxanthin per serving
- Just 1 softgel with lunch daily
- Carotenoids from the Lutemax® 2020 Marigold Flower
What is Lutein & Zeaxanthin?
Lutein & Zeaxanthin by Now Foods is a nutritional supplement made of Lutein and Zeaxanthin extracted from Marigold under the registered brand Lutemax® 2020.
What are the properties of Lutein & Zeaxanthin?
Lutein and Zeaxanthin are food carotenoids derived from plants that form the macular pigment of human eyes. They protect against eye disorders, macular degeneration related to aging, age-related cataracts,etc. The mechanism through which they are involved in preventing ocular diseases could be due to their physical properties to filter blue light and local antioxidant activity.
Apart from their protective roles against oxidative damage caused by light, there is increasing evidence that both Lutein and Zeaxanthin could also improve the ocular function by increasing the sensitivity to contrast and reducing the inability due to a reflection.
The surveys on Lutein and Zeaxanthin supplementation have pointed to the fact that a moderate consumption of these carotenoids is related to a lower risk of macular degeneration a less visual deterioration. Moreover, this review also analyzes the adequate dose, the safety of its consumption, the side effects, and the direction of future research. (1)
Who can benefit from this product?
- Those who want to supplement their diet with maximum quality lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Those who want to care about their sight.
1. Jia YP, Sun L, Yu HS, Liang LP, Li W, Ding H, Song XB, Zhang LJ.The Pharmacological Effects of Lutein and Zeaxanthin on Visual Disorders and Cognition Diseases.Molecules. 2017 Apr 20;22(4). pii: E610. doi: 10.3390/molecules22040610.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 softgel|
|Daily dose: 1 softgel|
|Servings per container: 60|
|Lutein (marigold flowers extract) (Tagetes spp.) (Lutemax® 2020)||25mg|
|Zeaxanthin (marigold flower extract) (tagetes spp.) (Lutemax® 2020)||5mg|