LYCOPENE 20mg - 50 softgels
- 20mg of lycopene per softgel
- Lycopene from natural tomato extract LYC-O-MATO®
What is Lycopene?
Lycopene by Now Foods is a natural supplement made of lycopene LYC-O-MATO® from natural tomato extract.
Lycopene is a hydrocarbon phytochemical that belongs to the tetraterpenic carotenoids family and is found in red fruits and vegetables (tomato, strawberries, watermelon, red peppers, etc.).
What are the properties of Lycopene?
Recently, certain fruits and vegetables rich in carotenoids (ß-carotene, lycopene, lutein, zeaxanthin, crocetin and curcumin) have been attributed beneficial effects in reducing the risk of certain diseases, mainly because of their antioxidant effects. This review briefly describes the biological and immunological activities of the major carotenoids (including lycopene) used to treat various diseases and their possible mechanisms of action. (1)
This review collects a number of studies that suggest that 'Lycopene possesses antioxidant properties in vitro, and some epidemiological studies have reported protective effects against the progression of CVD (cardiovascular diseases)'. (2)
What to combine with Lycopene?
Ideal to combine with Multivitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, Lutein, Resveratrol, Curcumin or Ginger extract, among other products.
Who is this product for?
- People looking for a natural source lycopene-based supplement to add to their daily diet.
1. Milani A, Basirnejad M, Shahbazi S, Bolhassani A1. 'Carotenoids: biochemistry, pharmacology and treatment.'Br J Pharmacol. 2017 Jun;174(11):1290-1324. doi: 10.1111/bph.13625. Epub 2016 Oct 29.
2. Müller L, Caris-Veyrat C, Lowe G, Böhm V.' Lycopene and Its Antioxidant Role in the Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases-A Critical Review.' Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2016 Aug 17;56(11):1868-79. doi: 10.1080/10408398.2013.801827.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 softgel|
|Daily dose: 2 softgels|
|Servings per container: 50|
|Lycopene (Lyc-O-Mato® Lycopene Natural Tomato)||40mg|