MACA 500mg - 100 veg caps
- Maca root extract (Lepidium meyenii)
- 100 vegetable capsules
- Suitable for vegetarians
- GMP Certified (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Each service provides 500mg of Maca
What is Maca 500mg?
Maca 500mg by Now Foods is a nutritional supplement in made of Maca root extract in vegetable capsules.
The recommended dose is to take 1 capsule between 1 and 3 times a day.
Propiedades de la Maca
Maca, also known as Andean Maca or Lepidium meyenii, originates from the high areas of the Andes mountain range in central Peru. It has been traditionally used in medicine as a natural remedy for a variety of illnesses. Lots of studies have been done recently to prove its therapeutic and medical uses.
We can highlight a series of properties and benefits:
- Reduces psychological symptoms in postmenopausal women, including anxiety and depression. (1)
- It has positive effects on feminine reproductive functions, memory, depression, anxiety and energy. (2)
- Increases sexual desire and libido (3)
- Boosts physical stamina (4)
Who is this supplement for?
- Menopausal women
- People who want to enhance their libido
1. Brooks NA, Wilcox G, Walker KZ, Ashton JF, Cox MB, Stojanovska L. Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause. 2008 Nov-Dec;15(6):1157-62. doi: 10.1097/gme.0b013e3181732953.
2. Gonzales GF, Villaorduña L, Gasco M, Rubio J, Gonzales C. [Maca (Lepidium meyenii Walp), a review of its biological properties]. Rev Peru Med Exp Salud Publica. 2014;31(1):100-10.
3. Dording CM, Fisher L, Papakostas G, Farabaugh A, Sonawalla S, Fava M, Mischoulon D. A double-blind, randomized, pilot dose-finding study of maca root (L. meyenii) for the management of SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2008 Fall;14(3):182-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-5949.2008.00052.x.
4. Stone M1, Ibarra A, Roller M, Zangara A, Stevenson E. A pilot investigation into the effect of maca supplementation on physical activity and sexual desire in sportsmen. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Dec 10;126(3):574-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2009.09.012. Epub 2009 Sep 23.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 3 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 100|
|Maca (Lepidium meyenii) (root)||1500mg|