MACA 500mg - 100 veg caps
- Maca root extract (Lepidium meyenii)
- 100 vegetable capsules
- Suitable for vegetarians
- GMP Certificate (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Each serving provides 500mg of Maca
What is Maca 500mg?
Maca 500mg by Now Foods is a food supplement made of maca root extract in vegetable capsules.
The recommended dose is to take 1 capsule once or three times a day.
Properties of Maca
Maca, also known as andean maca or Lepidium meyenii, is native to the high Andean mountains, in Central Peru. It has been traditionally used in medicine as a natural remedy to treat a series of diseases. Recently, there have been many studies to prove its therapeutic and medicinal properties on humans.
We want to highlight some of the properties and benefits of maca:
- Buffering the psychological symptoms of postmenopausal women, including anxiety and depression. (1)
- Producing positive effects on female reproduction, memory, depression, anxiety and energy. (2)
- Increasing the libido (3)
- Enhancing the physical stamina (4)
Who can benefit from this supplement?
- Menopausal women
- People who want to increase their libido
1. Brooks NA, Wilcox G, Walker KZ, Ashton JF, Cox MB, Stojanovska L. Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content. Menopause. 2008 Nov-Dec;15(6):1157-62. doi: 10.1097/gme.0b013e3181732953.
2. Gonzales GF, Villaorduña L, Gasco M, Rubio J, Gonzales C. [Maca (Lepidium meyenii Walp), a review of its biological properties]. Rev Peru Med Exp Salud Publica. 2014;31(1):100-10.
3. Dording CM, Fisher L, Papakostas G, Farabaugh A, Sonawalla S, Fava M, Mischoulon D. A double-blind, randomized, pilot dose-finding study of maca root (L. meyenii) for the management of SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2008 Fall;14(3):182-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-5949.2008.00052.x.
4. Stone M1, Ibarra A, Roller M, Zangara A, Stevenson E. A pilot investigation into the effect of maca supplementation on physical activity and sexual desire in sportsmen. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Dec 10;126(3):574-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2009.09.012. Epub 2009 Sep 23.
|Daily doseper serving|
|Serving size: 1 veg caps|
|Daily dose: 3 veg caps|
|Servings per container: 100|
|Maca (Lepidium meyenii) (root)||1500mg|