Minerals are essential nutrients for human nutrition; they make up the bones, teeth, tissues, muscles, blood and nerve cells. They are the catalysts of many metabolic reactions that take place in the body, apart from being very important for the hormone production.
Properties of Magnesium:
- Magnesium Citrate plays a key role in the activation of amino acids.
- It has also been proven that taking this supplement will help you avoid or improve osteoporosis, since it helps to regulate calcium.
- Magnesium controls some cardiovascular diseases (hypertension, thrombosis, heart attacks).
- Magnesium supports people with type 2 diabetes, since it helps to regulate the blood sugar levels, apart from being necessary to prevent the disease.
- Magnesium and calcium are involved in the production of neurotransmitters. Therefore, they are effective natural sedatives of the nervous system.
Magnesium citrate is obtained from synthesis of magnesium carbonate and citric acid. Moreover, it is an easily bioavailable source of this key mineral.