MCT OIL 473ml
Nutritional Facts MCT OIL 473ml VANILLA HAZELNUT
Recommended Use MCT OIL 473ml VANILLA HAZELNUT :Take one tablespoon (15ml) daily.
- Vanilla flavour liquid coconut oil
- Source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT)
- Each 15ml spoonful provides 14g of MCT
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
What is MCT Oil?
MCT Oil by Now Foods is a vanilla flavoured product made with liquid coconut oil.
Properties of MCT Oil
Coconut oil is a source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), a type of fatty acid that contain between 8 and 12 carbon atoms.
Recent studies have shown that coconut oil has certain properties:
Medium chain Triglycerides and body weight
Previous studies on medium chain triglycerides suggest that coconut oil could be useful to manage body fat mass on non-diabetic obese individuals. Another pilot study is analysing the benefits of MCT for moderately overweight subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus. (1)
Medium chain Triglycerides and athletes
According to this study, MCT supplementation before exercise increases medium chain fat oxidation and reduces glucose oxidation. (2).
Combining MCT Oil
MCT Oil can be combined with a wide range of products depending on our personal needs.
Its ideal to complement an energy supplement containing caffeine, L-Carnitine, CLA, etc.
Who is this supplement for?
- People who are looking for a high quality coconut oil based product to complement their daily diet.
- Athletes and active people
1. Han JR, Deng B, Sun J, Chen CG, Corkey BE, Kirkland JL, Ma J, Guo W. Effects of dietary medium-chain triglyceride on weight loss and insulin sensitivity in a group of moderately overweight free-living type 2 diabetic Chinese subjects. Metabolism. 2007 Jul;56(7):985-91.
2. Behrend AM, Harding CO, Shoemaker JD, Matern D, Sahn DJ, Elliot DL, Gillingham MB.Substrate oxidation and cardiac performance during exercise in disorders of long chain fatty acid oxidation.Mol Genet Metab. 2012 Jan;105(1):110-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ymgme.2011.09.030. Epub 2011 Oct 1.