Nutritional Facts MSM 1500mg - 100 tabs
|Daily doseper serving|
|Information MSM 1500mg - 100 tabs|
|Serving size: 2 tablets|
|Daily dose: 4 tablets|
|Servings per container: 50|
|Ingredients: MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), stabilizer (E460 cellulose), anti-caking agent [E570 stearic acid (vegetable source), E572 magnesium stearate (vegetable source), E551 silicon dioxide], vegetarian glazing. Manufactured without ingredients that contain wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish or shellfish, but processed in GMP facilities that process other products that contain these allergens.|
How to take MSM 1500mg - 100 tabs:Take 2 tablets once or twice a day with a meal. Lower the dose if you experience intestinal flatulence.
- 3g Methylsulfonylmethane per dose
- 1 dose equals 2 tablets
- Suitable for vegans/vegetarians
What is MSM?
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) by Now Foods is a supplement made of Methylsulfonylmethane.
It is a substance that contains sulfur and that is naturally produced in a wide range of fruits, vegetables, and grains, as well as in animals and humans.
What are the properties of Methylsulfonylmethane?
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) has become a popular dietary supplement used for a lot of purposes, including its most common use as an anti-inflammatory agent.
It has been deeply studied in animal models, as well as clinical trials and experiments in humans. Multiple studies show that MSM supplementation can have properties to reduce the inflammation, joint/muscle pain, oxidative stress, and improve the antioxidant capacity.
As a Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) substance, MSM is well tolerated by most people in doses of up to four grams a day, with barely any side effects. This review provides an general overview on MSM, with details about its most common uses and applications as a dietary supplement, as well as its safety. (1)
MSM and antioxidant activity
The following review summarizes a study in which MSM has proven to have anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidant mechanisms in humans. (2)
MSM and pain
Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis and the second most common cause of long-term disability among middle-aged and older adults. The following study proves that patients with knee osteoarthritis who took MSM for 12 weeks experienced an improvement in the pain and physical function. (3)
MSM and Muscle damage
The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of the administration of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) for exercise-induced muscle damage during 10 days. It seems that 10 days of MSM supplementation managed to reduce the muscle damage through the effect on the antioxidant capacity. (4)
How to combine MSM?
It can be perfectly combined with Glucosamine sulfate, Chondroitin sulfate, Ginger Extract, Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Calcium or Magnesium among others.
Who can benefit from this product?
- Sportspeople and active people.
- People who want to reduce the inflammation and joint/muscle pain.
- Those who want to improve their antioxidant capacity and reduce their oxidative stress.
1. Butawan M, Benjamin RL, Bloomer RJ. Methylsulfonylmethane: Applications and Safety of a Novel Dietary Supplement.Nutrients. 2017 Mar 16;9(3). pii: E290. doi: 10.3390/nu9030290.
2. Alternative Medicine Review Volume 8, Number 4 2003. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM). Monograph.
3. Debbi EM, Agar G, Fichman G, Ziv YB, Kardosh R, Halperin N, Elbaz A, Beer Y, Debi R. Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane supplementation on osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011 Jun 27;11:50. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-11-50.
4. Barmaki S1, Bohlooli S, Khoshkhahesh F, Nakhostin-Roohi B. Effect of methylsulfonylmethane supplementation on exercise - Induced muscle damage and total antioxidant capacity. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2012 Apr;52(2):170-4.