Nutritional Facts MSM 1500mg - 100 tabs
|per servingDaily dose|
|Information MSM 1500mg - 100 tabs|
|Serving size: 2 tablets|
|Servings per container: 50|
|Amount per serving|
|Ingredients: MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), stabilizer (E460 cellulose), anti-caking agent [E570 stearic acid (vegetable source), E572 magnesium stearate (vegetable source), E551 silicon dioxide], vegetarian coating. Manufactured with no ingredients that contain wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish or shellfish, but processed in GMP facilities that process other products that contain those allergens.|
How to take MSM 1500mg - 100 tabs:Take 2 tablets 1 or 2 times a day with food. If there is intestinal gas, reduce the dose.
- 3g Methylsulfonylmethane per dosage
- 1 dose equals 2 tablets
- Suitable for vegans/vegetarians
What is MSM?
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) by Now Foods is a supplement made of Methylsulfonylmethane.
It is an organic compound that contains sulfur and that is naturally produced in a wide range of fruits, vegetables and grains. Also in animals and humans.
What are the properties of Methylsulfonylmethane?
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) has turned into a popular dietary supplement used for a wide range of purposes, including its most common use as an anti-inflammatory agent.
It has been extensively researched in animal models, as well as clinical trials and experiments in humans. Multiple studies show that MSM supplementation may have properties to reduce inflammation, articular/muscular pain, oxidative stress and improve the antioxidant capacity.
As a Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) substance, MSM is tolerated well by most people in doses up to four grams a day, with scarce and mild known side effects. This review provides an overall view on MSM, with details about its most common uses and applications as a dietary supplement, as well as its consumption safety. (1)
MSM and antioxidant activity
The following review summarizes a study in which MSM has demonstrated to have anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidant mechanisms in humans. (2)
MSM and pain
Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis and the second most common cause of long-term disability among middle-aged and older adults. The following study proves that patients with knee osteoarthritis who took MSM for 12 weeks showed an improvement in pain and physical function. (3)
MSM and muscle pain
The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of the administration of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), during 10 days, on exercise-induced muscle pain. It seams that 10 days supplementation with MSM has allowed to reduce the muscle pain through the effect on the antioxidant capacity. (4)
What to combine with MSM?
Ideal to combine with Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondroitin Sulfate, Ginger Extract, Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Calcium or Magnesium among others.
Who is this product for?
- Sportspeople and active people.
- People who seek to reduce inflammation, joint/muscle pain.
- People who want to improve their antioxidant capacity and reduce the oxidative stress.
1. Butawan M, Benjamin RL, Bloomer RJ. Methylsulfonylmethane: Applications and Safety of a Novel Dietary Supplement.Nutrients. 2017 Mar 16;9(3). pii: E290. doi: 10.3390/nu9030290.
2. Alternative Medicine Review Volume 8, Number 4 2003. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM). Monograph.
3. Debbi EM, Agar G, Fichman G, Ziv YB, Kardosh R, Halperin N, Elbaz A, Beer Y, Debi R. Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane supplementation on osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011 Jun 27;11:50. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-11-50.
4. Barmaki S1, Bohlooli S, Khoshkhahesh F, Nakhostin-Roohi B. Effect of methylsulfonylmethane supplementation on exercise - Induced muscle damage and total antioxidant capacity. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2012 Apr;52(2):170-4.